More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

3 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

Having a doorbell camera is straight up weird. Not quite as weird as a fridge camera, but still weird. 

I am going to hazard a guess that you don’t have many friends or visitors.

”Oh hi Dave, no we are not home yet, let me just open the door so you can let yourselves in and make yourselves at home.  We will be there in 10”

I am assuming this doesn’t happen very often in your world?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

Having a doorbell camera is straight up weird. Not quite as weird as a fridge camera, but still weird. 

You have not lived in a shared house in London and wondered where the beer is going to - if only those things were available in the 1970s. No-one took the mouldy cheese though.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

I'm going to hazard a guess that you are exactly the kind of weirdo to have one.

Aren't you the goon who air tagged their kids too?

It literally says I have one about three hours ago.  Well done for reading.  It’s really not that weird or unusual but whether one would be useful to someone depends on their lifestyle.

11 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The ones who have the in car cameras are the weirdest of the lot. What sort of sad bastard records their journey to work? 

The sort that have to argue with dickhead insurance companies after an accident, when the other person denies responsibility for something that's clearly their fault. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’m pleased that you used the word dickhead. As that’s about the baseline level of people who regularly use in car CCTV.

You don't think external cameras on a car are a good thing when it comes to sorting out liability for accidents? 

I can see why taxi driver may use internal cameras in their car. Not really anyone else though, if that's what you're meaning?

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’m pleased that you used the word dickhead. As that’s about the baseline level of people who regularly use in car CCTV.

Or you could say, the sort of people who drive properly and so have nothing to hide but don’t trust the other dickheads on the road not to smash into them and deny any blame.

You will disagree and that’s fair enough, but I tend to think people who are adverse to a bit of CCTV or dash and that could help you on the odd occasion you need to rely on the footage, tend to be a bit strange.  Antivaxers or low level crims normally.

Normal people just see them as a nice little bit of backup info if ever needed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Dash cam evidence, like body cam, or any CCTV depends on quality, focus, distance, light conditions, position, perspective, like any visual ID evidence.

And you can’t ever be certain about the effect of things happening off cam, or before the recording.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Max Power said:

But having to pay £70 for the registration is a bit thick don't you think? 

They only seem to enforce against organisations, firms etc, rather than individuals.  And many of these should presumably be registered anyway because of computer systems etc.  Similarly it's not needed for dashcams unless they're part of someone's job.  Of course individuals might still get into trouble from use of footage that breaches privacy law in some way, but not just for passively recording for security reasons.

(Based on UK information, but I can't see much difference here)