More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

I’m sure offshore Manc will be turning up telling them they’re all sacked & he’s going to show them how to do it 😂

The people who shout the loudest online usually don't turn up to real life events. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

I think you might be surprised how many people are interested in attending. 

Standing well back from this it looks like DBC have possibly mis read the room and are happy to write this off as a few online malcontents. Wells does sound fairly detached from reality so hopefully she does get a shock if 100s of people turn up. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, majkul said:

Which buses (when they run?), go past wherever they dump the rubbish? And will they allow you to carry a couple of bags on board? Hear me out, I'm no Baldrick, but I've got a cunning plan!

get on the bus with 2 bin bags full off crap, get off at the next stop and 'forget' the bags ??

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Amadeus said:

I’d be happy to vote for LGR even if it would mean getting rid of my own job there. It’s already a younger and more assertive council and believe you me that there is internal pushback against some of the things we are being told or presented with.

This is interesting. Has internal opposition to the fortnightly bin collections impacted the execution of the policy?

31 minutes ago, Declan said:

This is interesting. Has internal opposition to the fortnightly bin collections impacted the execution of the policy?

The comment was not related to the bins issue. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

Standing well back from this it looks like DBC have possibly mis read the room and are happy to write this off as a few online malcontents. Wells does sound fairly detached from reality so hopefully she does get a shock if 100s of people turn up. 

Well maximum capacity of the Legion is only 230, which would represent under 1% of the population.  So it wouldn't really tell us anything either way.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Amadeus said:

The people who shout the loudest online usually don't turn up to real life events. 

Great. So you're in showdown mode. If you can't see what's wrong with that then you don't deserve to hold office regardless of how many votes you got, or didn't.

As a matter of fact, if nobody turns up at the meeting, then you've got a much larger problem than you think because it will mean that people are scared of retaliation. Of course that will manifest in April 2024 when the politically activated minority decide to exercise their votes while the contented "majority" sit at home.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Viddy well said:

Great. So you're in showdown mode. If you can't see what's wrong with that then you don't deserve to hold office regardless of how many votes you got, or didn't.

As a matter of fact, if nobody turns up at the meeting, then you've got a much larger problem than you think because it will mean that people are scared of retaliation. Of course that will manifest in April 2024 when the politically activated minority decide to exercise their votes while the contented "majority" sit at home.

What? I’m just telling you how things work from experience. As mentioned before, there’s a big difference between the social media echo chamber and real life. If nobody turns up it certainly won’t be out of fear of retaliation. That’s one of the weirdest things I’ve heard. What do you think I’m gonna do? Remember their names and secretly tip their bin over in the middle of the night? You’re making the common mistake of reading too much into things.