More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

4 hours ago, Amadeus said:

It’s not at all plausible to assume that and I find the mere suggestion wrong and out of order. As for the rest, we’ve been over that. Member numbers aren’t the whole picture. Engagement is low and social media is not a true representation of things on the ground. That’s not to say there aren’t cases where a review and help is required but it’s not on the scale people make it out to be. Again: many LAs already do this. It’s nothing new. 

Okay - then I shall apologise for the insinuation and withdraw my remarks. My apologies.

15 minutes ago, Viddy well said:

Okay - then I shall apologise for the insinuation and withdraw my remarks. My apologies.

it's amazing , 600 whiney posts on facebook doesn't actually mean 600 people are unhappy with something in real terms.  but a single figure  complaint to the mods on MF and it becomes actionable with deletions or suspensions so people aren't offended.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Amadeus said:

It’s not at all plausible to assume that and I find the mere suggestion wrong and out of order. 

You really have no idea the sort of people you’re dealing with here. A mate of mine years ago ‘dared’ to challenge a government department about something. Then started a campaign where all of a sudden officers in that department seemed to take an unnatural interest in literally everything this guy did for a few years. Most people here know that when it comes to local authorities and government here there is always some sad malevolent twat with too much time on their hands who can go out of their way to make your life difficult just because they can. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

You really have no idea the sort of people you’re dealing with here. A mate of mine years ago ‘dared’ to challenge a government department about something. Then started a campaign where all of a sudden officers in that department seemed to take an unnatural interest in literally everything this guy did for a few years. Most people here know that when it comes to local authorities and government here there is always some sad malevolent twat with too much time on their hands who can go out of their way to make your life difficult just because they can. 

Big brother is watching you.....not!

24 minutes ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

Oh I don’t know. Have you seen the recent Councillor’s (Flounce-illor’s?) trends on Twitter? A lot less people seem to be liking and sharing his social media posts since his general outrage at the temerity of people on social media who have expressed dissatisfaction with DBC. It looks like he’s now reduced to skulking around Strand St on his lunch break trying to be interviewed by Sky News to get his face on the telly! 

It's an odd world where people expect politicians not to have an opinion. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

The meaning of politician is defined as: a person who is professionally involved in politics especially as a holder of an elected office.

Nobody elected Amadeus. He received no votes to appoint him into public office. 

An elected office - candidates can be elected to an elected office with 0 votes - if no other bugger wants to go for it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

The meaning of politician is defined as: a person who is professionally involved in politics especially as a holder of an elected office.

Nobody elected Amadeus. He received no votes to appoint him into public office. 

You're going to have a problem if you cannot grasp that simple point about democracy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

This bin collection problems associated with this new policy from DBC are all solvable with the application of a little analysis, rescheduling and a little commonsense.

100%. The people who cannot cope with 2 collections per month could, for example, opt to pay twice the amount for the service as those who are perfectly happy with 2 collections per month.

Or they could ask themselves why they are buying so much packaging? Or, at least, they could compact the contents of their bins a bit.

Ultimately people who throw away less stuff should pay less.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

100%. The people who cannot cope with 2 collections per month could, for example, opt to pay twice the amount for the service as those who are perfectly happy with 2 collections per month.

Or they could ask themselves why they are buying so much packaging? Or, at least, they could compact the contents of their bins a bit.

Ultimately people who throw away less stuff should pay less.

Your rates ain't going down though for fortnightly bins. They're still going to go up silly percentages.

The bulk of packaging is the likes of M&S and Tesco's etc. fault - not Joe Public's fault. This bag tax bollox should be going to local councils who have to deal with the actual waste - as well as a packaging tax to encourage minimal, environmentally friendly or no packaging. People would then go for the best deal.

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

The bulk of packaging is the likes of M&S and Tesco's etc. fault - no Joe Public's. This bag tax bollox should be going to local councils who have to deal with the actual waste - as well as a packaging tax to encourage minimal, environmentally friendly or no packaging. People would then go for the best deal.

Tesco accept soft plastic for recycling.