More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

41 minutes ago, majkul said:

I suppose it has stopped people talking about all the money spent on the unfinished promenade and L'pool docks.

Of course!  It all becomes clear now!!   Get the MF crowd all wound up about something…rubbish and get them off the really big subjects 😉

Edited by Jarndyce
Added smiley - to demonstrate painful irony
  • Like 2

Many years back there was a Lady MHK who chose to use the stick, instead of the carrot, to beat the public with, "Polluter pays" was her catch phrase, she was dumped never to return at the following Keys election, can anyone recall her name now?

Will this be a repeat of the same ?  To choose the stick over carrot  and dismiss those who object as "Moaners and Whiners" is surely a Bye Bye political decision. 🤔

• Like 2

12 hours ago, genericUserName said:

It's a non issue for most normals. 2 collection per month should be more than enough. Compact the contents of your bin and buy less packaging.

It is but then, this lot generate more rubbish than most, not just the constant dribbling of shite on here. 

6 hours ago, Manx17 said:

I’m sure they have put the palaver of the bin rubbish in place to take away the fact that it costs more in gas to heat their houses than it does to pay the rent of the property.

how did they get away with that then?

the whole island is bent

That’s the same for everyone though (well, I suppose those paying realistic private rent might not pay quite as much as their rent is)

Everyones heating bills are through the roof. It’s hardly DBCs fault and their tennants are already being shielded from the worst of it by very low rent, and in most cases the government handout that plenty of people who have seen their mortgage and everything else go up over the last few months aren’t entitled to.

Edited by Asthehills
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Some rural LA areas are already on fortnightly collections and I'm not hearing the protests from them.

That's because locally-lifted veg and roadkill doesn't come with acres of food packaging...😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Manx17 said:

How come a corporation worker who has been accused many times of touching women up, been able to live in a camper van on a corporation site at the top B&Q. 

4 hours ago, Manx17 said:

I believe he is to appear in court tomorrow (Tuesday). He's probably 'allowed' because he hasn't yet been found guilty of anything.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, piebaps said:

Some rural LA areas are already on fortnightly collections and I'm not hearing the protests from them.

It's a bit like comparing apples and oranges. If you're living in a nice rural property with a big garden and a couple of sheds to store your rubbish, a compost heap and a few chickens for your organic waste, and maybe room for a bonfire or a tin incinerator to burn any excess, then a two-weekly collection is no biggie.

If you're in a one-bedroom apartment in Douglas flatland, where you don't have access to any outside space at all, then living cooped up with your decomposing rubbish for a fortnight, not so much.

Easy to forget how many people are living in 2-3 rooms, without yard space and restrictive covenants on storing waste in common areas. It's those people who are impacted the most, not the wealthy couples on their big spread in the country.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1