More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

60 plus a penguin. And that includes councillors, council officials, and legislators.  So, 40?

Sounds about right.  40 trying to make the noise of a few hundred.

As I said before they have been claiming membership of their Facebook page or group or whatever is was indicative of support.  I am in it and so is my Mrs just for shits and giggles.  We don’t even live in Douglas.

Everywhere is moving to two weekly collections.  Suck it up and adapt.

The only real issue I can see is that some big households might find the. In quite heavy when they have compacted everything down.

Talk of disease and rodents is just silly.  The only way those will become issues is if people are just lazy and like stuff in bags

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Bigger housedolds already pay more rates? 

Well, bigger houses do.

Single pensioner in the old family home who uses hardly any facilities and only quarter fills the bin every two weeks can pay 2k

A family of five who stuff their bin full and also use the amenities can pay less than half that.

All bins should be chipped and charged by weight like they have done for commercial bins for years.

In fact, charge by weight and open it up to private businesses for people to chose who they go with like commercial rate payers can

4 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Well, bigger houses do.

Single pensioner in the old family home who uses hardly any facilities and only quarter fills the bin every two weeks can pay 2k

A family of five who stuff their bin full and also use the amenities can pay less than half that.

All bins should be chipped and charged by weight like they have done for commercial bins for years.

In fact, charge by weight and open it up to private businesses for people to chose who they go with like commercial rate payers can

Agree, really what point is there in having a council, street lighting should be at a 'national' level as should public housing, and we certainly don't need a municipal golf course.

41 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

That's awful.

They're not exactly carbon neutral either, the little folk. Parents should probably be required to plant a forest or something.

But yeah - definitely weigh the bins.

33 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

we certainly don't need a municipal golf course.

Ha - incredible. I'd forgotten about that.

If the rate payers really are still paying for this - then that's yet another strong argument against an all island rate.

Edited by genericUserName
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Agree, really what point is there in having a council, street lighting should be at a 'national' level as should public housing, and we certainly don't need a municipal golf course.

If DBC wants a golf course they should at least ensure it is self funded from fee’s rather than£150k pa subsidy particularly when lots of the members benefiting don’t even live in Douglas 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

About 150 odd in attendance at a guess - lots of self indulgent back slapping by DBC - some good questions so far - Claire Wells getting splendidly flustered 

25810B24-8D64-431C-8B4E-FCCA96B619E7.jpeg

No way was that 150. Deduct the ones who have to be there (media, council, etc) and we’re nearer 60 to 80. Went about as expected. Impressed by my fellow German Falk for being level headed and ready with the facts. What self indulgent back slapping? 

• Like 1