More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

About 70 or 80 there. Waste of time really. 1 blokes biggest issue was sitting in his garden in the summer and his bin being there. Kept me warm for a couple of hours if nothing else

Edited by thommo2010

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I popped in but no need to stay. The place was rammed and standing room only at the back. 

No it wasn’t. Slightly busier than similar meetings but not rammed by any stretch of the imagination. 

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

Went down. Probably about 70 or 80 there. One blokes main issue was sitting in his garden in the summer with his bin close by. Main thing I got is people don't like change.

Fact is it was a waste of time but warm for 2 kept me 

Hope you fill your recycling bins more than your posts.🤭

• Haha 8

Just now, Amadeus said:

No it wasn’t. Slightly busier than similar meetings but not rammed by any stretch of the imagination. 

unsurprising with the weather and Icey pavements , if it was 6 weeks ago the attendance may have been somewhat larger.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WTF said:

unsurprising with the weather and Icey pavements , if it was 6 weeks ago the attendance may have been somewhat larger.

I would agree if this was a whole island meeting but it was about Douglas, so mostly attendees from the city and an easy to reach location. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I popped in but no need to stay. The place was rammed and standing room only at the back. 

Obviously not there then after all the shouting & moaning & from the pictures plenty of empty seats at front!

As usual mostly social media & Manx forum whiners 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Amadeus said:

I would agree if this was a whole island meeting but it was about Douglas, so mostly attendees from the city and an easy to reach location. 

i wouldn't be walking around hilly douglas on frozen pavements , and as the place looked attended by people that are past the ability to bounce age i am sticking to weather as the reason for not the best attendance.  

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

25810B24-8D64-431C-8B4E-FCCA96B619E7.jpeg

No way was that 150. Deduct the ones who have to be there (media, council, etc) and we’re nearer 60 to 80. Went about as expected. Impressed by my fellow German Falk for being level headed and ready with the facts. What self indulgent back slapping? 

You really are an arrogant git 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Reportage said:

There was around 100 people there easy. The funniest bit was the bit at the end where Damien Ciapelli suggested earlier on that they had a show of hands at the end. Wells seemed to have deliberately forgotten this request but everyone pushed at the end for the chairman to ask for a show of hands. The hands for and against went up. With about 5 people voting for. Then someone at the back said can those who work for the Corpy and who have put their hands up please put them down as that’s cheating. Five hands immediately go back down. So the only people out of 100 plus people who supported the measures were people who actually worked for the Corpy who then retracted their vote. You couldn’t have made it up. 

That’s not how it happened and what outcome exactly did you expect in a meeting organised to complain about the scheme? Jeez. 

• Like 2

The whole lot of them were arrogant and detached. Ms Wells saying that there was no refuse of mess where she lives. Which is Farmhill which has nice drives and big gardens. So not only did nobody in Douglas vote for her but she doesn’t even represent the issues relevant to the people of central Douglas. She should resign. She was shown her arse several times and looked embarrassed at the end. The video footage is certainly going to be interesting. 

The video will show a well prepared panel willing to listen and outlining the background to the scheme, as well as answering all the questions in a calm and professional manner. Cheap personal attacks are really not the thing to revert to. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

About 150 odd in attendance at a guess - lots of self indulgent back slapping by DBC - some good questions so far - Claire Wells getting splendidly flustered 

150?  Methinks you need your eyes tested.  And about 4 in the room under 70 by the looks.  Is this just another warm room event?

• Like 1

That is exactly how it happened 100% you even lowered your hand yourself having voted for your own measures thinking nobody noticed. 

Just stop it please. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

No it's not how it happened. I put my hand up. Put it down then some bloke said how many of you work for the corpy. I don't. 1000's of residents in Douglas about 70 turned up tonight. You're in the vocal minority. 

Eh?

• Like 1