More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

2 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

It was chaired by the Captain of Lonan Parish as Madam Mayor was unavailable for personal reasons. It was not organised by him but I must say he did a sterling job. 

Erm - shouldn't it have been organised by the Captain of the Onchan Parish (or whichever one South Douglas is in) since Lonan has nothing to do with this?  Were the 12 signatures actually Douglas rate paying residents?

1 minute ago, Tailless said:

Erm - shouldn't it have been organised by the Captain of the Onchan Parish (or whichever one South Douglas is in) since Lonan has nothing to do with this?  Were the 12 signatures actually Douglas rate paying residents?

It was due to be chaired by Madam Mayor as I believe would normally be the rules, but she was unavailable. So a neutral chair person was asked and agreed. I don't know if it has to be a certain Parish and what does it matter anyway? He was neutral and quite good at keeping things moving. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

It was due to be chaired by Madam Mayor as I believe would normally be the rules, but she was unavailable. So a neutral chair person was asked and agreed. I don't know if it has to be a certain Parish and what does it matter anyway? He was neutral and quite good at keeping things moving. 

image.jpeg

Not advertised in your social media channels though? Where people might actually see it?

Just playing devils advocate here. To expect anything other than negative attendance when you do nothing to present opportunity for otherwise is somewhat naive.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Not advertised in your social media channels though? Where people might actually see it?

Just playing devils advocate here. To expect anything other than negative attendance when you do nothing to present opportunity for otherwise is somewhat naive.

It certainly went out to the news but not sure about social media https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/public-meeting-called-to-discuss-changes-to-waste-collection-in-douglas/ Also let's not forget the anti fortnightly bins facebooks group. 

Just now, Amadeus said:

It certainly went out to the news but not sure about social media https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/public-meeting-called-to-discuss-changes-to-waste-collection-in-douglas/ Also let's not forget the anti fortnightly bins facebooks group. 

It’s not on any DBC social. If it’s in an anti group but you aren’t promoting an opposing view to attend, you aren’t really helping yourself. It just suits this stupid “but they’re only a minority” agenda. They may be, but show some respect as I outlined in my previous post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

Not this one you can’t . He’s a dangerous man and been let off a number of times. 

You are dangerous.  If you have an issue raise it directly with DBC rather than like this.  Presumably you will be quite happy if a lynch mob go up there? 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tailless said:

Originally it would have been organised by the Captain of the Town in the four towns, but as the Wiki article says, those longer exist.  Their role in this is nominally taken by the Mayor in Douglas and the Chair of the Commissioners in the other three.  Because the Mayor is also a Councillor, getting someone neutral to chair the meeting would be seen as tactful.

Historically all Douglas North of the river is in Onchan (and South in Braddan), but a meeting like this would be to cover both.  All  12 signators would need to be on the electoral roll of Douglas.

You can call a Requisition Meeting on any topic relating to the area whatsoever.  See the recent Lonan one on Andrew Smith and his electoral fibs.

• Like 2

Back on track. I’m a Ramsey resident but fear that this fortnightly collection business will stretch its tentacles across the Island.

It must be obvious to all ( except those that live on the Calf of Man) that a weekly refuse collection is necessary and Douglas Borough Council should admit their mistake and go back to that.

If you are one of these eco loons, or simply feel that you a fortnightly collection suits your needs, fine,just don’t put your bin out for collection every week.

That way you will be doing your bit.

Simples

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Manx17 said:

They didn’t answer. He has been abusing women since he came here. Once whilst of sick from working at the corporation and working in a taxi. Not the first time eitherThe whole of the town hall know. So if any lynching was going to happen it would by now. They shouldn’t be letting people stay on their sites anyway it’s not a hotel or half way house. He should be in a private rental like the Manx and everyone else  has too. 

You have no idea.  Just like most of your accusations, brain not engaged before opening your mouth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2