More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

5 minutes ago, Reportage said:

So says this forums biggest and saddest troll 😂😂😂

There is much more to come on this later on today. 

That’s some conclusion to jump to in the 12 hours since you registered, most of which you were probably asleep for 😂

In your opinion what do you think the percentages of Douglas rate payers are who:

Are strongly opposed to 2 weekly collection?

Are glad to see Douglas moving forward with the rest of Britain?

Have just adjusted their behaviour and don’t give it a second thought?

28 minutes ago, WTF said:

great logic,  should people with no kids have to pay towards schools ?  should people with 3 kids pay more towards schools than people with one child ?

The amount of garbage people buy is much more closely related to poor lifestyle choices. People are choosing to buy all of that packaging and should be charged accordingly.

The raw ingredients to make a meal for two will use little or no more volume of packaging than the raw ingredients for a meal for 8. People who drink too much are a cost too. All those empty bottles.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

That’s some conclusion to jump to in the 12 hours since you registered, most of which you were probably asleep for 😂

You’re a pointless, unneeded, troll who seems to haunt this forum like a stale fart in a lift that won’t go away. I won’t be dignifying you with any form of response which would allow you to amplify your trolling. I simply registered to give a true account of the meeting given that one of the Cllrs is a master social media manipulator who is happy to let self generated untruths be perpetuated via his various social media accounts.

You only have to look at the manipulation of pictures and datelines above. The whole venue was packed. They placed council workers in the centre of the room who went incandescent with rage every time someone dared to object to council policy. It was simply a hilarious set up which backfired on all concerned big style. There is much more to come on this later today. Where hopefully it becomes clear just how badly Wells and Horning got their ass kicked and how poor and dismissive their performance was. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

Get help

The only people who seem to need help are the preacher men and women on Douglas Borough Council who have decided how everyone else should live their lives. Your comments about bottles of wine is insulting really. Are you suggesting the town centre flat dwellers are all drunks living amongst bins full of empties? Sounds like typical high handed council preaching to me and anyone else who had to sit through that embarrassing farce last night. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Reportage said:

The only people who seem to need help are the preacher men and women on Douglas Borough Council who have decided how everyone else should live their lives. 

I thought they'd only decided the bins would be emptied once a fortnight? A bit of adjustment might be needed but not much.

4 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

No evidence, of course: but I wouldn’t be shocked if I learned that Mr Reportage had stood for DBC at some point - and not been successful.

You mean you basically invented something (ie, told a lie). Does anyone not get in on Douglas Council? Most of them are uncontested seats. I bet you don’t even have to turn up on election night. Just turn up for ‘work’ on Monday morning. 

2 hours ago, Reportage said:

Douglas is just some grotty Banana Republic of unelected eco-loons who have no intention of listening to the people who fund town hall. 

I had a discussion with some members of the UK Green Party, and they were sceptical about the recycling on the Island primarily due to the distance to the relevant facilities in the UK. From the carbon foot print point of view, the overall environmental impact is probably lower if we burn the rubbish in the Incinerator.

The most important challenge eco-conscientious (in the true sense of that word) people face is disposal of plastic which is visibly and invisibly omnipresent in our environment. But, getting rid of plastic will be a many faceted technical and difficult task. Poorly thought solutions/ misguided policy will not achieve much at all.   

‘The Big Plastic Count: Survey shows 'recycling doesn't work'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-62126757

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, code99 said:

I had a discussion with some members of the UK Green Party, and they were sceptical about the recycling on the Island primarily due to the distance to the relevant facilities in the UK. From the carbon foot print point of view, the overall environmental impact is probably lower if we burn the rubbish in the Incinerator.

The most important challenge eco-conscientious (in the true sense of that word) people face is disposal of plastic which is visibly and invisibly omnipresent in our environment. But, getting rid of plastic will be a many faceted technical and difficult task. Poorly thought solutions/ misguided policy will not achieve much at all.   

‘The Big Plastic Count: Survey shows 'recycling doesn't work'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-62126757

I've posted this before but this is undoubtedly being driven by rising incinerator charges and DBC's wish to reduce their expense in respect of such (emphasis on "increased recycling" is a laudable distraction but not the main point).

This impacts all authorities who are simply advised every year of the considerable rises and are obliged to pass them on to their ratepayers (or try to mitigate/avoid them).

The charges levied by this monopoly are long overdue an exposé as to how they are calculated and imposed. There is never any discussion, negotiation, explanation or debate about the annual rises (or the whole contract - no doubt it's "commercially confidential"), nor does anybody know what our Govt in its wisdom have got us signed up to in total. Authorities and their ratepayers are simply expected to suck it up every year. Not good enough.

Who regulates it for the benefit of those paying?

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Reportage said:

You mean you basically invented something (ie, told a lie). Does anyone not get in on Douglas Council? Most of them are uncontested seats. I bet you don’t even have to turn up on election night. Just turn up for ‘work’ on Monday morning. 

Suggested that I was lying - but didn’t deny having stood for DBC.   Stylish.

7 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Suggested that I was lying - but didn’t deny having stood for DBC.   Stylish.

Is your brain broken or are you otherwise mentally impaired? I have never stood for DBC ever. Not that anyone needs to stand. If you hang round the building long enough you’ll probably get an uncontested seat. 

• Haha 4