Mini reshuffle

John Wright

2 hours ago, Asthehills said:

We get nearly 60 - 65mpg  day in day out in the family run about diesel.  normally with two of us doing a 40 mile return journey to work.  

The imaginary world you live in sounds fantastic. Do you live in Port St Mary and work as the lighthouse keeper at the Point of Ayre?

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Confused 1

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

The imaginary world you live in sounds fantastic. Do you live in Port St Mary and work in Jurby?

Wtf are you on about imaginary?

60mpg is easy on my run to and from work.  Believe me or don’t, makes no odds to me but it’s a fact.  

Modern non performance diesels are very efficient.  I get better MPG from ours than I did from a loan Toyota petrol Hybrid thing on the same route.

24 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Nonsense what is it a 50CC diesel moped? 

Here you go.  You really should check out modern cars.

We have three diesels.  The one I am in today is the middle one in terms of efficiency.  This is the MPG from my last 18 mile journey which went right through Douglas and Onchan in stop start traffic.  60mpg on my work run is a doddle and happens every single day.

The older, slightly slower one I was mentioning in my posts is better on fuel.  The faster one is more like 50-55 as an average.

Guess I made that up as well did I?

087473B8-FDD6-476D-8C78-500AC1ECCF1D.jpeg

It must be a bit sad assuming everyone else is making stuff up?  Maybe it says a lot about your own posts?

(Awaits claims the image is from google 🙄)

Edited by Asthehills
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, wrighty said:

I’m sure they will, but you’ll regret them once the particle filters pack up. Been there, done that, would never have a diesel over here again. 

I have run loads of diesel vehicles since I last had a DPF issue, which was in about 2008 I think.  It was only ever used for short runs and was an automatic.

The modern ones continue to regen after you turn them off if they need do and you regularly hear them doing so.  It’s not an issue unless you only ever drive in town 

17 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

I have run loads of diesel vehicles since I last had a DPF issue, which was in about 2008 I think.  It was only ever used for short runs and was an automatic.

The modern ones continue to regen after you turn them off if they need do and you regularly hear them doing so.  It’s not an issue unless you only ever drive in town 

Each to their own. They clearly suit you, but didn’t me. I certainly didn’t do enough miles to keep the DPF healthy, and certainly didn’t do enough such the enhanced MPG made up for the increased fuel cost and initial outlay of the car. And I hate that they sound like a tractor when starting them up. Yes, even the modern ones. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wrighty said:

Each to their own. They clearly suit you, but didn’t me. I certainly didn’t do enough miles to keep the DPF healthy, and certainly didn’t do enough such the enhanced MPG made up for the increased fuel cost and initial outlay of the car. And I hate that they sound like a tractor when starting them up. Yes, even the modern ones. 

Horses for courses.  The discussion was about MPG.  The petrol car and the motorbike are for pleasure

55 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Here you go.  You really should check out modern cars.

We have three diesels.  The one I am in today is the middle one in terms of efficiency.  This is the MPG from my last 18 mile journey which went right through Douglas and Onchan in stop start traffic.  60mpg on my work run is a doddle and happens every single day.

The older, slightly slower one I was mentioning in my posts is better on fuel.  The faster one is more like 50-55 as an average.

Guess I made that up as well did I?

087473B8-FDD6-476D-8C78-500AC1ECCF1D.jpeg

It must be a bit sad assuming everyone else is making stuff up?  Maybe it says a lot about your own posts?

(Awaits claims the image is from google 🙄)

The lengths you go to support your bizarre trolling are truly legendary. Nobody getting over 60 mpg on a journey to work in the IOM. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1