Mini reshuffle

John Wright

13 hours ago, HiVibes said:

The isle of man is totally different to Glasgow which from my recollection is a complete shithole. The buses go the same speed as cars in morning traffic, and you are never more than a few minutes walk from a bus stop. The majority of population live walking or cycling distance from work, except those who choose to live in a rural location despite not doing a rural job. The growth in car use on such a small island is crazy, the streets are cluttered with these heaps of junk. 

Glasgow is ace. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Harry Lamb said:

Douglas is indeed a shithole, but at least it's not full of Glaswegians. I still shudder at the memory of them arriving here in droves in Scotch Fair Week.

Glasgow is ace and I should have added also those who live there. People make Glasgow and in this case it’s true. I’m not Glaswegian by the way.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Why should he resign ?   Personal lives are just that and let he that throws the first stone etc….  

Exactly. 

Relationships fail for may different reasons and details are best kept behind closed doors. As long as it can't interfere with the political role it is sad, but hey, it happens. 

• Like 1

I think the point about being suspended is that you're meant to reflect on what caused that.  Not immediately come back self-declaredly under another moniker, repeating the same stuff in the way that got you suspended in the first place.  No one is going to be convinced of anything except that it was right to suspend you.

24 minutes ago, Dervlover said:

So yesterday I got “suspended“ for telling the truth and trying to make my point to a number of saddos who can’t believe that a modern diesel will happily do 60mpg on my trip to work each morning.

I hate being called a liar, so yeah I have bothered to create an account to make one post. 

Photo attached from my car when I pulled into the work car park this morning.  Phone included showing the network so the fantasists can’t claim it’s a pic from the UK.

Its a pretty pointless forum if the members can’t accept facts or even debate them.

80566204-94D5-4C4D-90B2-034E2EA09D38.jpeg

We're you warned first or like me we're you just instantly suspended with no right of appeal.

I took my ban on the chin. Yes I was being wound up but shouldn't have reacted. I accepted that. I think a warning would have been appropriate, but hey-ho, there is no right of appeal, them's the breaks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think the point about being suspended is that you're meant to reflect on what caused that.  Not immediately come back self-declaredly under another moniker, repeating the same stuff in the way that got you suspended in the first place.  No one is going to be convinced of anything except that it was right to suspend you.

Personally I thought his suspension was harsh. Coming back with another name has at least been done openly unlike just about every other sock puppet account that springs up after a ban. Photo looks pretty convincing to me - can’t imagine anyone would go to the bother of mocking it up to win an anonymous forum argument. 

28 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Personally I thought his suspension was harsh. Coming back with another name has at least been done openly unlike just about every other sock puppet account that springs up after a ban. Photo looks pretty convincing to me - can’t imagine anyone would go to the bother of mocking it up to win an anonymous forum argument. 

It may be true, or not but it was definitely boring

56 minutes ago, wrighty said:

You'd be surprised - some people are obsessed.  But I don't know if it was true or not (and certainly don't care), the point is that just repeating the same thing over and over again isn't going to change anyone's mind and just clogs up unrelated topics.  Whether they were trolling or being trolled and reacting badly to it, some time calming down might be an idea.  And of course the main antagonist was also suspended.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

So....

Who did Stu upset to be given the DOI? 

Nobody (for once!). I offered my services once my initial 12 months was completed. On the basis that scoring points from the back benches can effect change, but rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in is probably more productive. There's no salary benefit from it nowadays, so I can't be bossed around or told to STFU.

Edited by Stu Peters
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1