Mini reshuffle

John Wright

Just now, Stu Peters said:

No, it's been rebranded as VED or RFL to suit the current mood. Fact is, 95% of us call it Road Tax.

but because you call it road tax doesn't mean it exclusively gets spent on roads. Thats your second lesson

Just now, Stu Peters said:

No, it's been rebranded as VED or RFL to suit the current mood. Fact is, 95% of us call it Road Tax.

Exactly, it's descriptive and universally understood. I hate smug bastards who "correct" that.

Incidentally, was it ever rebranded as such in the IoM? I've never seen it called vehicle excise duty or road fund license on any government literature unless I've missed it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

There is a new scandal coming.

They shall call It Cannan gate (nearly)

It's not a scandal. It's a deliberate choice and given the decision made, one or other or both should also choose to resign if they really want government to be perceived to be in anyway credible. 

11 minutes ago, english zloty said:

It's not a scandal. It's a deliberate choice and given the decision made, one or other or both should also choose to resign if they really want government to be perceived to be in anyway credible. 

Yes one or both should fall on their sword so to speak (well one already has done some accomplished sword falling on apparently).

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

You mean the same as someone else inferred further back up this thread 3 hours ago?

Too subtle for you?  I have re read the thread and can’t see any such suggestion.

Anyway.  I am surprised what has been common knowledge for months has taken so long to come out.