NO CREDIT CARDS FOR IOM RESIDENTS

Boris Johnson

6 minutes ago, germann said:

I have an Amex card registered to my Isle of Man address. Does this mean I can max it out and fuck them off?

Asking for a friend, obviously ;) 

Pretty much.

It will screw your credit rating for years though, so if you don’t need to borrow anything else for the foreseeable you might as well go for it.

Same applies to all of them.

On 4/21/2024 at 7:51 PM, Major Rushen said:

Retailers don’t like AMEX fees too high.

It's not only that. Amex are much more customer focused than other cards in my experience .  So some retailers are a bit worried about people asking  for a chargeback if goods not upto standard etc  

Edited by mad_manx

• 3 months later...

Hi all,
Today I woke up to the fact that my Manx address, bank accounts and mortgage were all showing on my UK credit score. Has something changed? Thought there was a clear separation between what is onshore and offshore? I don't mind much, but simply wonder how this came about in this "GDPR age" and if that means that we now have access to all credit solutions available in the UK? 🤔

Edited by Le Mannois

10 minutes ago, Le Mannois said:

Hi all,
Today I woke up to the fact that my Manx address, bank accounts and mortgage were all showing on my UK credit score. Has something changed? Thought there was a clear separation between what is onshore and offshore? I don't mind much, but simply wonder how this came about in this "GDPR age" and if that means that we now have access to all credit solutions available in the UK? 🤔

That’s always been the case. 

Credit Reference Agencies buy the Manx Electoral Roll/Voters List.

The T&C’s with your bank and CC provider, Manx or UK authorises the provision of info to Credit Reference Agencies