More Jollies

A fool and his money.....

So the new recruit will have to persuade the rest of the world that our tax system (based on under cutting them and not what it costs to provide public services) is actually a good thing.

I wonder if they'll have an internal relations director to persuade us plebs that our rapidly deteriorating public services are of less importance than continuing tax breaks for millionaires?

• Like 2

One might wonder if what Mr Boxer brought during his tenure is quantifiable? What were the tangible achievements?

Or if they aren't quantifiable or tangible, then could we look at dispensing with the post and save ourselves £100k a year? What did we do prior to his recruitment?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

One might wonder if what Mr Boxer brought during his tenure is quantifiable? What were the tangible achievements?

Or if they aren't quantifiable or tangible, then could we look at dispensing with the post and save ourselves £100k a year? What did we do prior to his recruitment?

Like the jollies on which this thread was based, the less tangible the benefits the higher the price.

• Like 1

MR. Here's the announcement, it's defending the Island's reputation. Defending it from what exactly?

One-man wood carvers illicitly using the TT logo?

Damage done to the Island's reputation by a mendacious civil service trying to destroy a Dr's reputation and career?

Maybe Peter Boxer saw it as a bridge too far and departed...

Screenshot_20230107-184233_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

MR. Here's the announcement, it's defending the Island's reputation. Defending it from what exactly?

One-man wood carvers illicitly using the TT logo?

Damage done to the Island's reputation by a mendacious civil service trying to destroy a Dr's reputation and career?

Maybe Peter Boxer saw it as a bridge too far and departed...

Screenshot_20230107-184233_Chrome.jpg

I can only imagine that this new bod, will be a one man rebuttal unit, the civil services version of Professor Ashford. I’m sure he/she will be pushed out to defend IOMG/IOM whenever a scandal occurs - eg Lady Mone, Financial Shenanigans and Criminal Trials which involve fraud etc. If this role is to influence, engage and negotiate with leaders around the world and to promote the islands interests, then perhaps it can be assumed that IOMG have dispensed with the services of Marketing firms, and PR consultants based in London. Also is IOMG still paying for an office in Brussels promoting the IOM to the EU? 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I wonder why ? The Crown Dependencies relationship with the U.K. were being discussed.

Well the piece says Watterson was "was forced to withdraw for personal reasons".  So presumably his deputy, John Wannenburgh, couldn't manage to step in at last minute.  The organisation seems to have named members, you can't switch them at last minutes.  Looking at the lists, it mainly seems to old stagers and I wonder how much influence these institutions have.

I wonder if the world will continue to spin without him going? Still, we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. The money we'll save on cocktails and sun tan cream on his expenses claim will make a start offsetting the £5 million or so employing someone for 14 months has cost us. Every little help.

Edited by A fool and his money.....