Meat Plant Slaughtered

0bserver

13 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

It’s supposed to have moved to an arms length operation but I’m with you and think it’s highly unlikely it’s ever been . 

Yes, I agree.  I did delete that post because I wanted to check more of the background, but yes.

• Like 1

Just now, Kopek said:

Another case of open and honest govt going awry ?

What harm would it do to give us the full story???

What , and prove what everyone’s saying has been correct ? Never happen . And if they did heads would have to role so there’s another reason why it won’t . 

....but heads wouldn't roll, would they. The management are probably giving the Treasury the full n frank, it's the Treasury suppressing the story?

Why?

Edited by Kopek

They can't get the meat plant running properly but we're going fully into AI. I'm sure that AI will be easier than getting a boring old meat plant running effectively. And they say this with a straight face. It's not just that the don't have a clue, the worst part is the total lack of shame or embarrassment about some of this stuff. They really are too stupid to even care.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, reptar said:

They can't get the meat plant running properly but we're going fully into AI. I'm sure that AI will be easier than getting a boring old meat plant running effectively. And they say this with a straight face. It's not just that the don't have a clue, the worst part is the total lack of shame or embarrassment about some of this stuff. They really are too stupid to even care.

Here's your chance.

They are advertising for Non-Executive Directors to sit on the Board of Isle of Man Meat Company Ltd.

'to deliver the wholescale organisational change programme that is currently underway'

Around £7,000 per year

Can anybody remember how many changes of Board and/or management the meat plant has had in recent years 'cos I've forgotten?

Each time promising a brave new world and turnaround of operations; until the next time. Including the previous scandal that involved a lot of self-gain, read the OP.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Can anybody remember how many changes of Board and/or management the meat plant has had in recent years 'cos I've forgotten?

Each time promising a brave new world and turnaround of operations; until the next time. Including the previous scandal that involved a lot of self-gain, read the OP.

There were serious questions being asked about the handing out of the contract to mis-run the place, if I recall. Which then seemed to disappear when saud MHK landed a comin role?

9 hours ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Here's your chance.

They are advertising for Non-Executive Directors to sit on the Board of Isle of Man Meat Company Ltd.

'to deliver the wholescale organisational change programme that is currently underway'

Around £7,000 per year

change would need to be a smaller facility and less management and staff ,  never going to happen.

He who laughs last last laughs loudest, Lets not forget poor Tim Baker  he was totally butchered by Mrs Barber, when she took the environment and infrastructure policy review of the meat plant to Tynwald, when he was in charge in 2021.  He was hung, drawn and quartered by Clare Barber, but now she seems to have gone very quiet on the meat plant front.

we must be an absolute laughing stock to Tesco , the Coop and any other potential retailer of Manx meat ,  that have their own standards  to protect their own reputation , as well as the confidence the customer has in the safety of the product ,

government has a hand in this fiasco  and someone in the department of the environment food and agriculture  needs  to be going down the road  along with the chairperson  , everybody let down by this unbelievable shambles , and especially dumping meat  when there are many in society cant afford to purchase or eat it anymore , 

Only in the Isle of Man  !

• Like 2