Meat Plant Slaughtered

0bserver

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Would it not be better fun as a farmers coop like the milk?

It used to be a farmers cooperative - The Isle of Man Fatstock Marketing Association. 

I think it is now another Isle of Man Government arms length omnishambles costing us at every turn - heavily subsidised and producing over-priced product. 

Isle of Man Meats (iommeats.com)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mistercee said:

It used to be a farmers cooperative - The Isle of Man Fatstock Marketing Association. 

I think it is now another Isle of Man Government arms length omnishambles costing us at every turn - heavily subsidised and producing over-priced product. 

Isle of Man Meats (iommeats.com)

Quite, just nationalise the fucker and get rid of this arms-length nonsense.

• Like 1

I like Lee as a butcher, I've been in many times.

But he does always come across as a bit of a moaner.

I think the key bit in his post is despite all this TT planning whatever, someone at the chophouse told him it would be delivered in full and it wasn't.

Are IOM Meats sales people ex-Jacksons/Motor Mall by any chance?

• Haha 1

Interesting watch.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/YWvjJtxV79kUJ3MA/

Have been thinking about this. Is the focus on supplying boxed goods to e.g. Tesco damaging the local supply capability?

I can't think of any business that takes orders for something they may or may not have. Surely there's a butchering schedule and they know what they can take orders for or can't.

Depends on how they take orders??? Tesco will send you something with same letter.

Two sides of the story have been revealed but which is correct? Manx meats said they would not provide carcasses, the butcher says he did not get what he asked for? Did he ask for carcasses? did he forget the info? Most butchers, in TT week, would be happy with 'boxed' meat, Australian?, enough to do without butchering?   That's not say the meat plant is without problems but this may not be one of them?Better to tackle the problems rather than the 'niggles'???

Heard Ramsey Butcher Teare on radio this morning saying no issues with Iom meats with TT issues communicated clearly and well in advance, maybe Mayers is just a publicity seeker?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/ramsey-butcher-praises-iom-meats-after-complaints/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR24qzSHH381otSGVoXupou95fAe7hmJAmV14JkkL-kO6bPH_S9kBMn-1Bk_aem_AdlZ6EOT3h8skFb8b-vy8hfjCGxoQxQhsLbkPgNCQV9gRbfQ8T5Ie0JpNoML1XO6p3xQ4YNtcB0Eq6ugrbrGVxRx

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1