Meat Plant Slaughtered

0bserver

56 minutes ago, mollag said:

Like Manx Radio, we will be having this same conversation in 10 years time, Money pits liberally supplied from the Public purse. God forbid it should be spent on the Public.

Who wouldn't get used to free money on a regular basis ?

Large sections of our society have become accustomed to existing/relying on liberally distributed public money on a regular basis. Some of them very wealthy. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
32 minutes ago, Banker said:

A very highly qualified person with extensive experience appointed as Chairman. Not sure why someone with his qualifications would be interested 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/coca-cola-boss-takes-over-as-chairman-of-the-abattoir-626431?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1689261806

Why not?

37 minutes ago, Banker said:

A very highly qualified person with extensive experience appointed as Chairman. Not sure why someone with his qualifications would be interested 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/coca-cola-boss-takes-over-as-chairman-of-the-abattoir-626431?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1689261806

Because he lives locally (Laxey), effectively retired in his mid-50s, and looking for interesting appointments to take up his time and maybe do some good?  He's already on the Electoral Commission, so clearly on the local great-and-good list.  And being resident he'll no doubt have an idea what he's letting himself in for.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'd wish him well because he's going to need all the help he can get when he tries to implement any changes he's identified as necessary, as others have discovered in the past. I've lost count of the number of management changes there's been up there, all to no avail.

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

I'd wish him well because he's going to need all the help he can get when he tries to implement any changes he's identified as necessary, as others have discovered in the past. I've lost count of the number of management changes there's been up there, all to no avail.

I have no idea what goes on up there, all I see is what is presented in the shops, and what I see is an extremely substandard, thrown together, poorly packaged, poorly butchered, product.

If that’s their final product, I’d hate to see what’s behind it. 

4 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I have no idea what goes on up there, all I see is what is presented in the shops, and what I see is an extremely substandard, thrown together, poorly packaged, poorly butchered, product.

If that’s their final product, I’d hate to see what’s behind it. 

The new board are trying to get finances & product improved & the new chairman with his experience will improve strength of board.

The only alternative to running the meat plant which will always need a subsidy is closing it & relying solely on imports which could see demise of more farmers and complete reliance on boats sailing 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Banker said:

Standard media release. Are they written by AI? 

Person appointed is always 'excited' or 'delighted'. Minister always says they have 'passion' and 'knowledge'. etc etc

Edited by Moghrey Mie

1 minute ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Standard media release. Are they written by AI? 

Person appointed is always 'delighted'. Minister always says they have 'passion'. etc etc

Though what is missing are the previous "assurances" from previous appointments that things would be turned around and rapidly improved - which rarely happened. More bets being hedged this time maybe?