New Manx TV Sitcom

Manx Bean

On The Buses

The (Civil Service) Office

Dads Army

Casualty (yes - we could turn that into a sitcom).

Games show - 

Universally Challenged.  (a team of MHKs answer basic questions like - Is water wet? and,  If you have £1 and spend £100 how much do you need to give yourself as a pay increase?).

Clueless (a panel game where people get points and promotions for screwing things up).

2 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

Trouble is that its not funny anymore

Lives and business  depend on a functioning government 

I honestly believe that in years to come (assuming it does get any better) that the last 20 years or so will come to be regarded as some sort of nadir in the governance of the Island.

This isn't based on just personal opinion or the rantings on MF. Official report after official Report slam the governance, MEA, Beamans/Health/DOI, Ranson, the Meat Plant, the Airport; it's relentless.

And it's only equalled by the lack of MEANINGFUL action to address. Government just ambles along to the next embarrassing and expensive fuck-up like it's not any sort of an issue. And if there are any sort of financial repercussions, it's ok, we'll just stick the taxes up for the unwashed to cover it.

It needs to end. And appointing incompetents to Depts and then sacking them 51 days later won't do it. Nor will Ministers endlessly covering incompetent and corrupt Civil Service arses.

Our elected need to start growing some balls. And that includes Alf Cannan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I honestly believe that in years to come (assuming it does get any better) that the last 20 years or so will come to be regarded as some sort of nadir in the governance of the Island.

This isn't based on just personal opinion or the rantings on MF. Official report after official Report slam the governance, MEA, Beamans/Health/DOI, Ranson, the Meat Plant, the Airport; it's relentless.

And it's only equalled by the lack of MEANINGFUL action to address. Government just ambles along to the next embarrassing and expensive fuck-up like it's not any sort of an issue. And if there are any sort of financial repercussions, it's ok, we'll just stick the taxes up for the unwashed to cover it.

It needs to end. And appointing incompetents to Depts and then sacking them 51 days later won't do it. Nor will Ministers endlessly covering incompetent and corrupt Civil Service arses.

I agree, although a lot of what is happening here is a reflection of the circus going on in the UK and elsewhere in the world. We are so intertwined that we can not avoid some of the crap which is thrown around.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

i'd be interested to hear MF's last remaining MHK's point of view on this, because its absolutely right. Do any of them want to make change or is it a case of fuck this, ill just sit quietly for the next three years and take my wage? Absolutely genuine question, because just as you think it cant get any worse, it actually does. You'd say its third world, but I think thats probably unfair on the third world. Its utterly disgraceful, and yet it continues. You can only imagine the sort of island we would live in if countless millions werent squandered because of the lack of any sort of capable civil servant.

• Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

I agree, although a lot of what is happening here is a reflection of the circus going on in the UK and elsewhere in the world. We are so intertwined that we can not avoid some of the crap which is thrown around.

I think the opposite.... perhaps with the exception of the lack of medical staff (which seems to be a global problem) all the other issues alluded to are home grown, as in........ as Manx As The Hills.  

Edited by Andy Onchan