New Manx TV Sitcom

Manx Bean

19 hours ago, Max Power said:

All this joviality about soap operas makes me think that if we could convince the BBC to invest in a long running 'Eastenders' type of thing, or a Bergerac series which highlights the island as a central theme, it would do wonders for tourism and profile? Not some wishy washy middle class shite which they usually regurgitate, something interesting and classy. Surely we have the means to make it easy for them?  

FFS we've tried this, it worked allegedly for a while, it made 10 million equivalent bed nights or some such thing !

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2022 at 12:25 PM, Manx Bean said:

Finlo the family’s dog has just farted.

Next chapter please...do Erin and Ben make or is it a failed romance😳

Erm..., asking for a female friend.

14 hours ago, Apple said:

Next chapter please...do Erin and Ben make or is it a failed romance😳

Erm..., asking for a female friend.

Spoiler alert. Look away now if you don’t want to find out that…..

It turns out Ben wasn’t very Christian at all..after lulling Erin into a sense of false security (and his single bed - bedecked in a Pokemon single duvet), he signed her up for an Alpha Course and monthly direct debit for half of her benefits.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

Spoiler alert. Look away now if you don’t want to find out that…..

It turns out Ben wasn’t very Christian at all..after lulling Erin into a sense of false security (and his single bed - bedecked in a Pokemon single duvet), he signed her up for an Alpha Course and monthly direct debit for half of her benefits.

II knew that Ben was too good to be true... my friend said.

She thinks you could have a hit with this. 

On 11/17/2022 at 1:52 PM, Max Power said:

There was a strange film made here called Mindhorn, that had an alcoholic detective dealing with lots of unlikely locals and situations!

"Boser"....I think was the detective series that was mooted in the late eighties. There were to be pub scenes filmed in Peel featuring the locals and some of the music score was to be locally sourced too, IIRC.

Never made it to the screen and disappeared without a trace.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

"Boser"....I think was the detective series that was mooted in the late eighties. There were to be pub scenes filmed in Peel featuring the locals and some of the music score was to be locally sourced too, IIRC.

Never made it to the screen and disappeared without a trace.

I seem to recall that the central character was a tired alcoholic former end of pier comedian turned detective. Sort of a pissed Bergerac. Consequently, the IOMG weren’t keen. 

Today of course, they’d be all over it like a rash.