The end of local chat boards?

Asthehills

58 minutes ago, AOR said:

Oh, and bring back Barrie.

24 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Barrie invented the internet and thereby MF. All hail the great Bazza. 

11 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Don't forget that great institution The Baltic Exchange...... oh and the Villa toilets! 

Barrie could be very informative when he wasn’t fantasising. But he had a nasty side, like  suggesting burning Jews on Canvey was good, or gas chamber lighters. That was the cause of his downfall.

He was another one who badgered and threatened direct.

50 minutes ago, Gladys said:

It's documented in the British Library. 

Didn't he also single handedly arrange the conveyancing for the sale of the British Library to the Government from his Uncle Tom who was the original proprietor of that establishment? Or am I making that up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

Didn't he also single handedly arrange the conveyancing for the sale of the British Library to the Government from his Uncle Tom who was the original proprietor of that establishment? Or am I making that up.

He charter partied it, down the Baltic, don’t you know.

• 1 month later...

What happened to as the hills? Another poster whose last post suggests they said something negative about DBC before they seem to have disappeared. Is that to be dressed up as grossly abusive behaviour or a gross and dangerous legal threat to the entire forum too?

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, woolley said:

I wonder if Bazza is still around. I liked his posts in a way despite them frequently winding me up. I assume he got a permanent ban so we'll never know.

He was banned because of some really nasty comments he posted about burning Jewish property and gas bills after a fire at an orthodox house on Canvey.

41 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

What happened to as the hills? Another poster whose last post suggests they said something negative about DBC before they seem to have disappeared. Is that to be dressed up as grossly abusive behaviour or a gross and dangerous legal threat to the entire forum too?

Stirring it when people were posting copies of allegations verbatim. He's not perm banned.

Sod all to to with protecting DBC, just the forum at the time.

He'll be back soon.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, woolley said:

I wonder if Bazza is still around. I liked his posts in a way despite them frequently winding me up. I assume he got a permanent ban so we'll never know.

He is on the 2022 Electoral Register in Chelmsford. No death notice. He will be 73 or 74.