New businesses to boost the economy

Asthehills

33 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

I am thinking this must be a joke?  If not I see it being very short lived, as in one of those places you only ever go to once for a laugh?

It might be the first local restaurant not to struggle for staff though 😂

https://m.facebook.com/100087471026932/about/

Seems to be some sort of franchise. Several UK branches, branches in Aus.

Great burgers and grumpy sulky staff. As you say, recruitment oversubscribed.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

I am thinking this must be a joke?  If not I see it being very short lived, as in one of those places you only ever go to once for a laugh?

It might be the first local restaurant not to struggle for staff though 😂

https://m.facebook.com/100087471026932/about/

The seats and decor look like Mustang Sally’s in Castletown so it will probably last 5 minutes like the last place in there which I think lasted 4 whole days. 

1 minute ago, Steady Eddie said:

The seats and decor look like Mustang Sally’s in Castletown so it will probably last 5 minutes like the last place in there which I think lasted 4 whole days. 

I always walk past that place and wonder when it's open. When did it close? Can't say I've ever been in.

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

I always walk past that place and wonder when it's open. When did it close? Can't say I've ever been in.

I had a chat with a girl in there around TT Week. By the time I went back it was closed again. Nothing in there seems to stay open for any length of time before they fall out with the landlord and bugger off again. 

11 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

Good spot!

I used to like it on there, even though they had the worst pool table in the world.

It will be interesting to see how they do. I could see us going once for a laugh, but doubt it would become a regular thing no matter how good the food was.

Coincidentally I made a rare trip to Castletown to eat this evening.  Liver and bacon in The George.  It was pretty average.

7 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

I am trying to remember what floor they had in DDD in Ramsey now?  I don’t think it’s Capone’s.

Its a good game for a Tuesday this 😂

DDD's has a chess board floor covering, plus it was all lit up last weekend.

• Like 1

Just now, WTF said:

is it one of those fake attractions  that other thread is about  ?

No.  It’s a very popular concept in the UK, and as John has already said further a field that looks like it might be opening here.

I have already sent in an application form in the hope that the Tynwald Christmas party is held there

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BriT said:

To be honest even the logo looks cheap and grim. It’s hard to believe they’re a global chain, is it not just someone called Karen who has set up an American diner in the IOM? 

I think you might be missing the point.

Its not exactly meant to look sophisticated and classy 😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BriT said:

To be honest even the logo looks cheap and grim. It’s hard to believe they’re a global chain, is it not just someone called Karen who has set up an American diner in the IOM? 

7 hours ago, Asthehills said:

I think you might be missing the point.

Its not exactly meant to look sophisticated and classy 😂

Started in Aus 2 years ago. Really taken off.

https://www.bemorekaren.com/locations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen's_Diner?wprov=sfti1