New businesses to boost the economy

Asthehills

5 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

And?  What’s that got to do with anything?

Agree on the food and have been to one in Dublin and one in Belfast recently but are we just going to start listing decent American Themed Diners?

Must.

Post.

Anything.

Must.

Seek.

Validation.

Can't.

Resist.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 11/16/2022 at 5:54 PM, Dave Hedgehog said:

Can't get a friggin telly either.

Can't get them to deal with customer complaints and accept that customers are entitled to bring things back for repair rather then send them off to the company that actually made the goods. They insist that if the packaging has been opened then it is no longer their responsibility. Catch 22.

(sorry to derail )

Do we really need them ?

Edited by Apple
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Can't get them to deal with customer complaints and accept that customers are entitled to bring things back for repair rather then send them off to the company that actually made the goods. They insist that if the packaging has been opened then it is no longer their responsibility. Catch 22.

(sorry to derail )

Do we really need them ?

Was it something  that you bought on the website and delivered / installed at home. If so  then I think you may have to go to the manufacturer.  ( same if you ordered it online for pick up at store )

If its something that you bought in store then they seemed to be happy to help. ( at least that's what they did for me when o had an issue with an item which I bought from the store 

10 hours ago, Apple said:

(sorry to derail )

Do we really need them ?

Yeah, I find the whole 'currys' experience shit. I try and go with established local firms now, although there is less choice and probably more cost.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Hoops said:

Yeah, I find the whole 'currys' experience shit. I try and go with established local firms now, although there is less choice and probably more cost.

I was at the counter the other week behind about 5 other people who were ALL taking stuff back because it was broken/shit/had issues. There was nobody actually buying anything. The place is an embarrassment I generally always go to Colebourns.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I was at the counter the other week behind about 5 other people who were ALL taking stuff back because it was broken/shit/had issues. There was nobody actually buying anything. The place is an embarrassment I generally always go to Colebourns.

I couldn’t work up there for all the tea in China.

There is always a line of muppets returning stuff and normally because they didn’t read the specs properly before purchase and thought it would do something it doesn’t.

I could count on one hand the items I had returned in my whole life and yet speak to others who are returning things weekly.  I don’t get it.  Decide what you want, make sure it is fit for purpose, buy it.

Only a fault in that actually stopped an item working as intended would trigger a return.  These must be the same people you see at B&Q returning a £3 light bulb because the purchased the wrong one, who have spent more than £3 in fuel plus an hour of their time to get there and back.

Edited by Asthehills
  • Like 1