New businesses to boost the economy

Asthehills

10 hours ago, mad_manx said:

If its something that you bought in store then they seemed to be happy to help.

I bought in store after they assured me it was the new computer charger lead  I needed. I asked if it was ok to return if it didn't turn out to be the one I needed and was told if I open-end the package , which was sealed, they could not accept it and had to go back to the company headquarters. (presumably they don't sell goods in opened boxes !)

Anyway, no matter. It turned out to be ok. It was their attitude that was really the problem. Lesson learnt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Ladies and gentlemen. Todays argument (the first of several no doubt) will be about Curry’s PC world. 

Was in there recently when a member of staff tore a strip off another couple of staff members behind the main counter, over something left on the counter.  Embarrassing.  Not content with that, the aggressor then patronised another customer with a query, which finished off with the customer being told "take it or leave it".   

Hearing the choices made available to the other customer, I then chose the latter option.  

Edited by Mysteron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

Was in there recently when a member of staff tore a strip off another couple of staff members behind the main counter, over something left on the counter.  Embarrassing.  Not content with that, the aggressor then patronised another customer with a query, which finished off with the customer being told "take it or leave it".   

Hearing the choices made available to the other customer, I then chose the latter option.  

It’s a terrible, terrible business. I wouldn’t give them the steam of my p***

Speaking of new business they are really getting on with the developments of the planned delii / restaurant in Manxonia House and also the replacement of the Bay Queen in Port St Mary, which is down for apartments and restaurant etc.

Looking forward to sampling their cuisine in the not too distant future.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 9:10 AM, Apple said:

I bought in store after they assured me it was the new computer charger lead  I needed. I asked if it was ok to return if it didn't turn out to be the one I needed and was told if I open-end the package , which was sealed, they could not accept it and had to go back to the company headquarters. (presumably they don't sell goods in opened boxes !)

Anyway, no matter. It turned out to be ok. It was their attitude that was really the problem. Lesson learnt.

This sort of thing can be a nightmare for traders, often through no fault of their own. There are multinational manufacturers who refuse point blank to accept returns through the trade. They insist on dealing with the customer direct.

Doesn't matter that the customer only walked out with the item half an hour ago and is not happy that it can't be returned or swapped. Doesn't matter that the retailer has a statutory duty to the customer. The manufacturers see themselves as above the law and simply don't want to know about the problems of the retailer.

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2022 at 10:58 AM, manxchester said:

They've confirmed it's not in Ramsey. Advertising for a chef but won't say where it is 🤷‍♂️

Down South .. Castletown or Erin St Mary then.  Pity, they will be let down by the shite bus service for anything south of the swing bridge in the evenings.

On 11/15/2022 at 8:48 PM, Asthehills said:

I am thinking this must be a joke?  If not I see it being very short lived, as in one of those places you only ever go to once for a laugh?

It might be the first local restaurant not to struggle for staff though 😂

https://m.facebook.com/100087471026932/about/

Well the Facebook page is now taken down for some rebranding apparently......

30 minutes ago, manxchester said:

Not the best of starts for them despite what spin they try to put on it. Hope it works for them but fear the worst.

The person behind this genuinely seems to be mentally defective. Do they know how hard it is to set up a viable business in hospitality? They appear to be someone who has more money than brains.