New businesses to boost the economy

Asthehills

8 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

but I'm not sure that many people will want to cough up £30 for a burger and a brownie at the Masonic Hall, no matter how much you get insulted. 

They've poshed it up in the last couple of years for events.  It doesn't mean you'd be sat in effectively a big school hall. 

https://woodbournehouse.im/our-rooms/

As has been said, the Manx outfit has given the original Karen's a goldmine in free publicity and totally opened up the field for them. I for one had never heard of them but I certainly have now.

In fact, what a wonderful ruse it would have been had their marketing folks planned the whole thing. Get some locals to say they are going to open a local version of your superb franchise and then ride in with all guns blazing in the full light of local media publicity. Genius. Karen's would do well to learn from this and to adopt this strategy in any locations they are targeting.

The only flaw I can see, again as has been said, is how do you get your intentionally surly service to stand out in the Isle of Man where it is naturally occurring and has been honed to perfection over countless years.

• Haha 2

On 11/27/2022 at 7:16 PM, Gladys said:

Unfortunately, an ill-thought through initiative.  Shame really as it is a great concept and could have done it if they had had just a little advice first.  A change of just the name wouldn't have cut it, but coupled with another emphasis like the 'Manx Crab Cafe -we'll pull you back into our reality',  it may have worked.  

Could always ask the genius who came up with the greatest Manx tourism slogan "You'll look forward to going back".

"Wotta U Want?" Italian maybe

"M.N.X "  a la 2 Ronnies sketch

"Spudz 'n Herrin" 

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, x-in-man said:

So, how is the Manx Tracey thing going then?

Looking forward to a burger and an insult.  Or do I have wait for the TT and beer garden?

Karen.  Get with the program. 

They're kind of like a Gammon but with boobs.