New businesses to boost the economy

Asthehills

7 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

They couldn't call it Karen .. Keep up.

Actual Karen's were supposed to be coming over and setting up at the Masonic Hall in January for a couple of days.  Not heard anything further about it.  

As far as I understood the Manx rip-off had been convinced by Karen's lawyers to desist.  Not sure if the change of name thing would work or whether it went ahead. 

I remember seeing a McWonalds in Bali once with an inverted golden arches.  

Edited by The Phantom

6 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Actual Karen's were supposed to be coming over and setting up at the Masonic Hall in January for a couple of days.  Not heard anything further about it.  

As far as I understood the Manx rip-off had been convinced by Karen's lawyers to desist.  Not sure if the change of name thing would work or whether it went ahead. 

I believe they packed up early and cancelled a lot of bookings.  Lots on FB about how they were having problems with refunds. 

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

They came and went. Did two sittings in one day to make up for cancelling Sunday. Didn’t go but heard it went ahead ok. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Let’s face it with so many rude and useless hospitality staff around Karen’s was hardly fishing in the right pond anyway. I doubt their deliberately shit service would be any more or less an experience than the casually shit service already on offer from various eateries. 

2 hours ago, BriT said:

Let’s face it with so many rude and useless hospitality staff around Karen’s was hardly fishing in the right pond anyway. I doubt their deliberately shit service would be any more or less an experience than the casually shit service already on offer from various eateries. 

Well this sort of jokey comment has been doing the rounds since the pop up Karen thing was announced.

It’s somewhat like someone saying for example, that Everton will have the best ground in the Championship as though they are the first to utter that witty comment.

In truth I've rarely encountered casually shit service when dining on the Island. Certainly no more or less than in the UK or further beyond

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well this sort of jokey comment has been doing the rounds since the pop up Karen thing was announced.

It’s somewhat like someone saying for example, that Everton will have the best ground in the Championship as though they are the first to utter that witty comment.

In truth I've rarely encountered casually shit service when dining on the Island. Certainly no more or less than in the UK or further beyond

That surprises me if you’re as rude IRL as you are on here 

7 hours ago, BriT said:

I get themed eating places. So perhaps a 1950s diner, or where staff are in drag or on roller skates or where some sort of show goes on around the eating. But some sort of Fawlty Towers style rude service restaurant is something I can’t believe anyone would pay for more than once. The whole idea is literally shite. I’m not surprised it didn’t take off here at all. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Sorry I didn’t mean to be rude. Just suggesting you perhaps didn’t need to regurgitate old jokes/ comments  that have already been done to death.

Consciously meaning to be rude, and being rude are two entirely different concepts.