plans to spend millions destroying the ambience of Douglas promenade

Omobono

2 hours ago, Asthehills said:

Is the trams being an accident waiting to happen like the roundels being an accident waiting to happen?  Ie, how long will we be waiting?  Lots of moaning about nothing even though idiots still insist on using them like roundabouts.

You're a bit late to the party. There's already been an ambulance complete with attendant police, scooped one bloke off the Broadway crossing.

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

Give over.  There isn’t an actual road marking in sight 😂

It’s not for debate.  It’s an unmarked junction as explained by the police and as is obvious from the fact that there are no legal road markings.

The point is there were meant to be loads of crashes when they opened.  Apart from one blind motorcyclist in TT, I am not aware of any

Pretty sure it was the police that said to treat them as a normal roundabout!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Here is another one

”give way to other road users”. That means anyone from any direction, so they absolutely are not roundabouts.  

It is a shame they don’t push this message out a bit more so people learn, and then extend the concept to other junctions.

BF90C375-A72D-4AB5-A792-212F57A30877.jpeg

Surely everyone can't give way to everyone else. I think they are missing the point. No one has right of way. It's supposed to be a sort of chaos theory just like when pedestrians meet in a busy street. 

7 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Surely everyone can't give way to everyone else. I think they are missing the point. No one has right of way. It's supposed to be a sort of chaos theory just like when pedestrians meet in a busy street. 

Surely everyone giving way to everyone else and no one giving way to anyone else have pretty much the same end result?

Slow down.  Accept nobody has priority over anyone else and just drive sensibly.

Unfortunately 90 percent of people just drive through and assume they can go ahead of others. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asthehills said:

It’s really not. One is a way of vehicles getting through a junction, and one is a crossing (which I will admit is too near to, yet unrelated to the roundel)

I don't  doubt you as such, but watch how some people use that Broadway crossing, as if it was like the crossing at Sam Webbs, 'free for all but pedestrians rule' type of thing.

It's all one big Douglas Promenade scheme. So all part of the same system. And there are 4 or 5 different crossings in use.