smart meters

Hoops

25 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Wrong.  Manx telecom have been trying to get google (who are the only people who can fix it) to rectify this issue for over a decade.

They don’t care.  We are a poxy little island of no consequence to them.

873A4E97-466D-4035-95B8-BB4A199A2704.jpeg

Isn't the whole issue the fact that our internet traffic is routed through some shit hole deemed "unfriendly" by the yanks?

• Confused 1

Its sweet you think MUA even had the diligence to go direct to a manufacturer, more likely stuck where can I buy dirt cheap 3rd generation consumer meters with connectivity. Seeing as they are probley on 5 gen meters by now some shister seen an opportunity to off load a shitload off obsolete hard ware at a mark up that would make the turd tax seem like good value. And no I can download anything I so wish the question still is why should I. Was across visiting relatives and there sitting of to one side was a nifty little unit telling how much you have used and the cost, a load of pointless shite but came free with the meter, not the expensive add on if you so wish from the MUA. Also showed the gas (god forbid you may have a seizure) if you so wished. 

Nor have thought of not buying obsolete equipment, which most of it now is. How is this possible I hear you cry, well when they purchased it they had no idea it was going to be 5 years or more from purchase to actual fitting, Not to mention they were sold shite in the first place, Not unlike the MUA

Edited by Dirty Buggane

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Its sweet you think MUA even had the diligence to go direct to a manufacturer, more likely stuck where can I buy dirt cheap 3rd generation consumer meters with connectivity. Seeing as they are probley on 5 gen meters by now some shister seen an opportunity to off load a shitload off obsolete hard ware at a mark up that would make the turd tax seem like good value. And no I can download anything I so wish the question still is why should I. Was across visiting relatives and there sitting of to one side was a nifty little unit telling how much you have used and the cost, a load of pointless shite but came free with the meter, not the expensive add on if you so wish from the MUA. Also showed the gas (god forbid you may have a seizure) if you so wished. 

I thought the MUA smart meters came with an app that let you see all that stuff. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Surely the app is the way to go and not buying extra bits of stuff.

In the UK the indoor monitor is part of the upgrade.

Do they not know what "Customer First" actually means?

Fortunately their reputation won't suffer as it's already at rock-bottom...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Question. Is that all the UK or some places (energy companies) in the UK?

I received an indoor monitor in July 2014, don't use it though as I can go online.

Edited by GD4ELI

3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Do you use it regularly and has it made you change any of your energy habits? I read an article over the weekend about someone who was addicted to checking her smart meter app. 

I used it quite a bit at first to find where / what was consuming the electricity, it did help. Today Blue Flame Heat are here installing solar panels.

Edited by GD4ELI
Splelling

14 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

I used it quite a bit at first to find where / what was consuming the electricity, it did help. Today Blue Flame Heat are hear installing solar panels.

waste of time, they will be charging for and  taxing daylight soon.

Edited by WTF