Active Travel

Stu Peters

3 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I’d place a significant wager that despite my senility I can kick your fast reactions arse on a trackday, but since that would involve letting you drive one of my fast cars rather your mum’s Nissan Micra, it’s never going to happen.

Perhaps politics is not your forte. Having said that what else is going to pay you the 5 year wedge you are guaranteed for being , let’s face it , a bit of a smug chancer. I did think for a while that yours was spoof profile. I really hope it is as if you really are or future I’m not hopeful. 

8 hours ago, HeliX said:

This is a strange thing for someone who's shitting the bed over the thought of 60mph to say. Almost every western country allows you to do 60mph legally.

You seem to have a fixation with 60, I don't. But we do need a cap  very few roads on this island warrant anything over 50 with 70 as max 

1 minute ago, HiVibes said:

Old people are decaying from the age of 40 they are in physical and mental decline that's just facts.

Probably from even younger than that, but your ‘level’, whether that be strength, mental acuity, reaction time or whatever, depends on how you train it, and what level you start from.

Mike Tyson is getting on a bit. Would you fancy your chances in any sort of physical competition with him?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Probably from even younger than that, but your ‘level’, whether that be strength, mental acuity, reaction time or whatever, depends on how you train it, and what level you start from.

Mike Tyson is getting on a bit. Would you fancy your chances in any sort of physical competition with him?

I would happily race him, I don't hit old people.

32 minutes ago, wrighty said:

And dont forget experience improves with age. Awareness of risk, reduction in tendency to be reckless.

I'd rather be a passenger with stu on a drive over the mountain than a 20yr old lad, even if the 20yr old has better reflexes and eyesight. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Beautiful dau for Active Travelling today. I'm cycling to Tesco to pick up the frozen turkey and a few bits. 

Oooh, an attempt at clever sarcasm to champion the binary ‘if active travel isn’t practical for all journeys by all people, then it should be scrapped’ viewpoint… 

Be careful, black and white thinking can be a precursor of depression., but don’t worry, being active can help you stave it off.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Stabit said:

Oooh, an attempt at clever sarcasm to champion the binary ‘if active travel isn’t practical for all journeys by all people, then it should be scrapped’ viewpoint… 

Be careful, black and white thinking can be a precursor of depression., but don’t worry, being active can help you stave it off.

Thing is I often pop to Tesco on the ride home and usually pick up a watermelon and a few bits.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

And dont forget experience improves with age. Awareness of risk, reduction in tendency to be reckless.

If they can remember. the UK department of transport study says they often don't look.

Add to that a load of them drive despite being on meds that say not to operate heavy machinery.

I get there will be a handful that are still fairly competent drivers but we don't legislate for the handful, as a society it is acknowledged that at age 65 you are fit for the scrapheap and should get a state hand out because you are not fit to work and that makes sense not fit to work not fit to drive.