Active Travel

Stu Peters

On 11/25/2022 at 6:30 PM, HiVibes said:

Calm down grandpa,

I live a few minutes from a bus route, like most, it was part of the choices you make when buying a house, when I get older I may move further in to town if that's more practical. If you live somewhere not practical perhaps move Saddle Mews might be a good call or try Ramsey old people love it there mainly on the flat.

no intention of stopping work as I love it.

Bit sexist with the 'boy racer' thing, but young people are sharper with faster reactions, driving like a prat is a problem that needs to be addressed in all ages with GPS tagging, but an old codger in charge of a few tonnes of steel on a public road with real lives at risk, nah.

except they haven't have they? The number of overturned cars on the island demonstrate that quite magnificently. How many overturned cars have you seen that have been driven by the older generations...

• Like 5

Just now, forestboy said:

Presume you would solve it by having a cull of all over 60s

So you accept there is a problem, tell us your solution to it.

A cull would be without doubt socially unacceptable but unless something is done now that sort of option becomes increasingly the only logical solution which is why I mention it, a huge amount of resources are spent on the over 70's but for what purpose, we all die in the end why needlessly extend for greatly diminished returns?

We certainly need to stop wasting resources on people who have willfully destroyed their health, if you chose to smoke and be a fat lazy arse and arrive in your 60's a complete mess with a litany of self induced conditions then really tough shit, don't expect the working young to bale you out.

If you are still fit enough to work you should work and pay full taxes, and any state benefits should be 100% means tested but also generous.

Back on topic active travel is a key part of this, your generation have allowed this island to become car centric and have chosen to live unsustainably without consequence and as such have put in place very bad habits for society. Active travel breaks those poor habits and takes us back to a more people centric society. the sort of place you lot all pine for but don't seem to realise you created all the problems.

• Haha 1