Active Travel

Stu Peters

1 hour ago, HiVibes said:

Pulrose bridge works related more to increasing bridge height, and related power station cabling but carry on talking utter shite.

You are nearly right

It was rebuilt as it had been identified that it contributed to the NSC/Power station flooding as it was acting like a Dam. It was also at risk of falling down in that scenario. The new deck is higher so that more water can pass underneath

However the cables were moved because of the new bridge, not the other way around

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stabit said:

Are saying that you aren't inconvenienced at all by motor traffic, or are you saything that any inconvenience caused by motor traffic is necessary, or are you saying that cycling and walking are unnecessary?

I said “unnecessary” inconvenience by the riding in packs as doc fixit alluded to rather than riding responsibly.

Sometimes road users ( be they motorists, cyclists or even pedestrians) will cause inconvenience to each other. It’s unavoidable. Deliberately causing a larger obstruction than you need to is clearly irresponsible.

• Like 2

Oh look another thread that will obviously descend into cycling hating.  It’s like Godwin’s law.

what doesn’t surprise me is the OP is the current roads minister who despises everything that hasn’t got an internal combustion engine. Proper dinosaur mentality. 

• Confused 3

10 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I said “unnecessary” inconvenience by the riding in packs as doc fixit alluded to rather than riding responsibly.

What's that got to do with men, women and children nipping down to the shops on their bike, or grandparents nipping into town to pick up a few bits on their ebikes.  You are confusing active travel with recreational cycling, and your personal bias against cycling is clouding your viewpoint.

Less cars = better for all road users (including us drivers!)  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Oh look another thread that will obviously descend into cycling hating.  It’s like Godwin’s law.

what doesn’t surprise me is the OP is the current roads minister who despises everything that hasn’t got an internal combustion engine. Proper dinosaur mentality. 

No I'm not.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

Dinosaurs didn't have engines.

5 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I see it more as an individual making a comment on an online forum

When an elected member of a department states something relating to policies of that department - it’s generally seen as that person’s policy stance. Therefore I expect to see Mr Peter’s voting against any active travel policies in DOI (which I then suspect will result in him being removed from the department). But I’m often wrong so…