Active Travel

Stu Peters

5 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

‘the OP is the current roads minister’

No I’m not.

I do love how worked up some people get when @Stu Peters posts something that they disagree with. 

I definitely don't agree with all of his views, but at least we have a differing opinion from the Comin/Green-washing groupthink that seems to be taking over government. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

That's exactly the approach  @Chris Thomasshould take with the horse tram fanatics. Tell them they're talking shite, instead of saying they're being unhelpful. 

It be fair to Stu if he did tell him that he was talking shite then fair play. He seems to have gone from talking shite to writing shite. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Bastard said:

Yeah, for most groups of people, 250w is acceptable. Increasing that limit increases assistance, so opens up e-biking even further to other groups who'd need more assistance on the hills. Adding more power, like they do elsewhere, makes e-bikes more of an option for a wider community. 

I am all for increasing the limit, provided that the rider completes CBT, wears a helmet, pays road tax and has insurance. Otherwise, 250 watts it is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

He sounds half-mad. Delete.

Wait until you hear him on Joney Faragher, he’s fully mad- 

“[she] sees the cannabis issue, exclusively, through the ideological, reductive smeared lens of the, presently, fashionable and divisive  ideology of 'wokeness' and 'identity politics'.

An ideology, of 'wokeness' and identity politics' that is creating socially-divisive havoc in the UK. And worse.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, The Phantom said:

During the summer at least I regularly ride to work.  The Peel Road cycle lane is pretty functional and I generally see other cyclists using it when I am too. 

However as discussed on another thread when it was first built, the Pulrose Bridge cycle lane is a complete clusterfuck.  There are random bollards, you actually have to get off to cross the road if going into Douglas and they got rid of a bus layby to put it in.  Prior to the improvements it was actually one of the better main road junctions on a bike.  Similar cycle lane shambles can also be found at the new Ballasalla Roundabout, where you ride on the pavement for 50m and Shore Road Gansey, where it's only one person wide and shared with pedestrians. 

I'm pretty certain that whoever designed the 'cycle lanes' has never cycled in traffic. 

Even though I'm a fair weather active traveler, nothing Govt did or said convinced me to do this.  I've been doing it about 15 years.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain what the **** the Lezayre Road cycle lane -that begins in the DOI depot, meanders across the road and then waxes and wanes for a while before disappearing - is all about. Who sanctioned it and who did it so badly. Where there any ramifications for such a shoddy bit of 'workmanship' and 'management'. Or was it so someone could claim we've hit our goal of x miles of cycle paths this year?

• Like 1