The Next Labour Govt In London

genericUserName

1 hour ago, RecklessAbandon said:

Good to see the Tory nostalgia has started already...

I don’t think there is much nostalgia about the last Conservative Government; they richly deserved what happened to them. It’s just the beginnings, perhaps, of a realisation that the latest big majority may not reap the change that was promised and that doing stuff is a lot more difficult than objecting to stuff. Boris was a buffoon but the euphoria of victory was quickly burst by events that were not planned or considered. He didn’t rise to the challenge. I’m not sure whether the talent or sense exists in depth now, either. The story will unfold…

• Like 2

Like I've said many times it doesn't matter what party is in power the same issues will be there. They are all out for themselves and their mates. Anyone thinking that things would be better under labour need their head checked

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Reeves has certainly gone in full steam ahead.    I wonder if many people who voted for Labour are having regrets such as the millions of pensioners who are losing their heating bonus.  I am sure there is much worse to come if she raises inheritance tax we may get a few wealthy people moving over.

Only affecting those that are means tested that can afford it.

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Like I've said many times it doesn't matter what party is in power the same issues will be there. They are all out for themselves and their mates. Anyone thinking that things would be better under labour need their head checked

This is the line usually trotted out by Tories when their party has proved itself unfit to govern (again). It's often followed by 'Say what you like about Nigel, but...'

55 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

This is the line usually trotted out by Tories when their party has proved itself unfit to govern (again). It's often followed by 'Say what you like about Nigel, but...'

I'm not affiliated to any political parties, as I've said they're all pretty much the same and out for themselves and don't care about the ordinary man on the street

1 hour ago, Harry Lamb said:

Just what we need - more tax-dodging old farts coming here to chock up healthcare until they snuff it.

Well this old fart is going the other way to be with family in rural Shropshire despite the new Labour Government. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

millions of pensioners who are losing their heating bonus

It should have been means tested years ago, but the Tories are the kings of granny farming. It was insane paying pensioners with a million pound pension pot or a shiny final salary pension the heating bonus.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

It should have been means tested years ago, but the Tories are the kings of granny farming. It was insane paying pensioners with a million pound pension pot or a shiny final salary pension the heating bonus.

Not really. The cost of administering it will be more than the cost of the payments. Simple economics. 

• Like 1