The Next Labour Govt In London

genericUserName

23 hours ago, hoopsaa said:

And she manages to deflect attention away from labour and back to her, and her party. What a moronic tweet.

Jess Phillips comments about her hospital visit not the brightest, either. But then, she did compare the awful events on new years eve in cologne a few years ago to wolf whistling. 

Absolutely nowhere to turn to.

Jess Phillips is a compulsive liar and a simpleton.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Jess Phillips is a compulsive liar and a simpleton.

It’s not just confined to her - there are many of them.

I have no issue with Angela Rayner dancing in the Balearics, however, I think that she has not a lot of behaviour, becoming of an office of state. 

Edited by 2112

32 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

That assertion based on…?

Well there was the time she claimed to have knocked on 25,000 doors in 6 weeks (you do the math), or when she claimed that she got seen quickly at A&E because the Doctor liked her policies (she presented with breathing problems and symptoms of hypoxia).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Well there was the time she claimed to have knocked on 25,000 doors in 6 weeks (you do the math), or when she claimed that she got seen quickly at A&E because the Doctor liked her policies (she presented with breathing problems and symptoms of hypoxia).

Politician exaggerates for effect - stop the presses!

I’m guessing you don’t like her, then?

38 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I have no issue with Angela Rayner dancing in the Balearics, however, I think that she has not a lot of behaviour, becoming of an office of state

Wow!  Did you make any comment on the behaviour of

Menzies

Wragg

Mone

Johnson

Truss 

Gibb

Ashcroft

Sunak

Hancock

Zahawi

Hunt

McVey

Pinscher

Bone

Jenrick

Braverman

Patel

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I don't like most narcissitic liars. If they then put Drs in danger while telling more lies I like them even less.

12 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I actually think Helix is right in his original comment.  Ever since she got elected she's struck me as being rather odd.  If you listen to what she actually says or read her interviews, she like a bossy little girl of about 8, trying to show off to adults by saying what they want to hear - whether its true or not.  Of course male politicians sometimes try this as well (hi Boris!), presumably to make themselves 'endearing', but you get the impression with Phillips that she can't help herself.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

I have no issue with Angela Rayner dancing in the Balearics, however, I think that she has not a lot of behaviour, becoming of an office of state. 

So, it would be OK, if she went to the opera, or a musical, or the ballet, or did a ballroom dance at Blackpool Tower?

But not if she goes to a mega disco whilst on holiday in Ibiza?

Apart from anything else it’s misogynistic. It wouldn’t be levelled at a man.

It’s only a couple of years ago she was criticised for going to the opera. By a, male, conservative, MP.

I for one am glad she’s got a good work life balance, that’s good for her work, her mental health, and, hopefully, running the country.

Good on her.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

Oh it wasn't OK when she went to the opera either.

As I said earlier, the only thing that matters in British politics/media is whether you are 'one of us'.  And she isn't.

As I said above

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s only a couple of years ago she was criticised for going to the opera. By a, male, conservative, MP.

17 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

As I said earlier, the only thing that matters in British politics/media is whether you are 'one of us'.  And she isn't.

Would you expand on that please.

These days "One of us" could be a very broad church.

Edited by P.K.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

As I said above

Well a link never goes amiss (and Rayner dealt with it well)

and I wanted to tag the subsequent remark onto something.

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Would you expand on that please.

These days "One of us" could be a very broad church.

On the contrary, it's an ever smaller one.  For example McVey's husband was an MP till he got booted in July and Labour were busy parachuting in various partners, children and mates of their in-crowd just before.

• Like 1