The Next Labour Govt In London

genericUserName

I think it's her actual dancing. I have seen better dancing around handbags (although I used to quite enjoy that, back in the day).

It all seems a bit akin to her *ahem* 'winking' at Boris across the House of Commons.

52 minutes ago, Casta said:

I think it's her actual dancing. I have seen better dancing around handbags (although I used to quite enjoy that, back in the day).

It all seems a bit akin to her *ahem* 'winking' at Boris across the House of Commons.

Just hope you didn’t prefer the moves of Gove or May

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Just hope you didn’t prefer the moves of Gove or May

Hah hah, of course. There's only so much dad dancing that one can take, and who the heck advised Theresa to do 'that' dance  But to further a point in my post, can you imagine the furore if a male politician was to go into the House of Commons wearing a pair of shorts, say with half a knacker hanging out for the ladies on the opposite benches to erm, admire.

I'm no prude but there is such a thing as dignity and dressing for the occasion.

In Douglas Corporation, wasn't there a picture of a female mayor, on official duties, wearing a skirt and sat astride a TT motorcycle, mayor's chain dangling down an ample cleavage. (You could have lost the chain down there, but maybe that is another story).

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Casta said:

, wasn't there a picture of a female mayor, on official duties, wearing a skirt and sat astride a TT motorcycle, mayor's chain dangling down an ample cleavage. (You could have lost the chain down there, but maybe that is another story).

any links to the pic ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barlow said:

I think oor Jarndyce has a bit of a yearning for the lass. 

Well, I don’t think I’d go quite that far…but she does seem to attract a level of opprobrium which seems out of all proportion.   Class-based?   Misogyny?   Hatred of readheads?   Who knows?   If they genuinely don’t like her views or believe that she’s incompetent, then why is the focus on her dancing?

Seems to even affect some on here who seem to be (at least apparently) left-leaning.

1 hour ago, WTF said:
1 hour ago, Casta said:

wasn't there a picture of a female mayor, on official duties, wearing a skirt and sat astride a TT motorcycle, mayor's chain dangling down an ample cleavage. (You could have lost the chain down there, but maybe that is another story).

any links to the pic ?

That’s got WTF’s gammon frothing…

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Casta said:

In Douglas Corporation, wasn't there a picture of a female mayor, on official duties, wearing a skirt and sat astride a TT motorcycle, mayor's chain dangling down an ample cleavage. (You could have lost the chain down there, but maybe that is another story).

At least she wasn't astride the rider.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, John Wright said:

I for one am glad she’s got a good work life balance, that’s good for her work, her mental health, and, hopefully, running the country.

Good on her.

The one about running a bath springs to mind. I'd love to have seen and heard Starmer's reaction to it. She's a bit John Prescott but without the cultured elegance.

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

Well, I don’t think I’d go quite that far…but she does seem to attract a level of opprobrium which seems out of all proportion.   Class-based?   Misogyny?   Hatred of readheads?   Who knows?   If they genuinely don’t like her views or believe that she’s incompetent, then why is the focus on her dancing?

Seems to even affect some on here who seem to be (at least apparently) left-leaning.

I don't want to sound all mysognyistic or whatever but the lass is a good ten pinter. That's good enough for me. And there's nought wrong with a ginger whinger now and again.

As a politician I don't think it's a left or right leaning thing, it's just shock that soneone like her has risen to deputy prime minister. ie non-working/working class, single mother as a schoolgirl ,granny in her mid 30s. All very unrepresentable -  at least I think - of most people. We can all relate to her dancing though, and perhaps that has made us realise she has something in common with the most of us.

And I bet she had a poster on her wall that inclnded the line "dance like no one is watching".