Do local shops want business?

Steady Eddie

21 minutes ago, finlo said:

Every time I've been in Jackson's I've been piled on with the hard sell!

Jackson’s have now put bollards up to stop you being able to easily drive round the lot without getting out. Last time I went up the sales guy literally walked in front of my car to stop me and asked me what I was looking for. Their sales practices are appallingly hard sell. I will never go back in there again after the way they tried to convince me that my car needed replacing after I had it serviced by them. They wouldn’t let me pay the bill until a sales advisor spent a good 10 minutes trying to tell me how fucked my car was and how it would be cheaper in the long term to buy a new one. 

51 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Well I went onto Jackson's today. I had £150k in my pocket. I was going to pay cash for a new Audi. I was in there 5 mins but no one asked if I wanted an Audi. So I left. Their loss eh?

They don't take cash.

Lost out on a new Aston from me.

17 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Jackson’s have now put bollards up to stop you being able to easily drive round the lot without getting out. Last time I went up the sales guy literally walked in front of my car to stop me and asked me what I was looking for. Their sales practices are appallingly hard sell. I will never go back in there again after the way they tried to convince me that my car needed replacing after I had it serviced by them. They wouldn’t let me pay the bill until a sales advisor spent a good 10 minutes trying to tell me how fucked my car was and how it would be cheaper in the long term to buy a new one. 

I’ve heard that story from another person, same scenario. Sadly it wouldn’t matter how big and immoral sharp practices that take place to try and get a sale, as they are IOMG golden boys. That’s the way it is. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I’ve heard that story from another person, same scenario. Sadly it wouldn’t matter how big and immoral sharp practices that take place to try and get a sale, as they are IOMG golden boys. That’s the way it is. 

Never had a problem with them , great deal 3 years service etc , I find a polite no works fine 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steady Eddie said:

Reading the Amazon delivery thread you can see there is a clear advantage for any local retailers if they want to supply people quicker than Amazon (especially with the post strikes) but on todays experience I have to question whether any of them even want any business. Went into the Apple Shop at Victory House this afternoon as I wanted to buy a new IPad Pro. The shop was empty save for three staff members gassing at the till. I was in there over 5 minutes in a completely empty shop looking to spend £1000 yet not one of them could be arsed stopping gassing and talking nonsense with each other to even attempt to ask if I wanted help with anything. So £1000 sale lost when we’re told the high street is suffering and everyone is desperate for cash. Completely embarrassing. If you really aren’t interested in trade just close up shop. 

Maybe you're one of them ghosts that can only influence electrical and ether transmissions?

Have you tried talking to any other people recently?

Do you actually remember actually getting to work when you set off in the car yesterday?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

In two separate posts you have said to wanted to discuss the range with them (so ask, it really is that simple) and that you can buy an iPad elsewhere without any help?

Do that then.  I really think you are in th minority of you expect them to come up and ask you what you want help with.

Apparent lack of interest is way too prevalent .... if one of the 'sales' people had bothered to dis-engage from personal conversation, make eye contact to acknowledge the presence of a customer ....... no need for gushing, in your face sales patter..... 

• Like 1