Do local shops want business?

Steady Eddie

3 minutes ago, BriT said:

Unsurprising to see the forum troll disagreeing with anyone in an attempt to start an argument. 

You are an idiot.

The guy who signed me up for a new Alienware PC for a Christmas present was Mark.  He has blonde hair, was very helpful and also sold me a car about six years ago when he worked at Mylchreests as a salesman.

How is saying I had good service, in between two other posts agreeing with me, in any way trolling or starting an argument.

Do you need a lie down?

4 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

You should try Currys 🤔

Lol.

Curry's a great shop unless you actually want to buy something. Almost none of it is in stock. But you have to wait for someone to be available in order to ask them one item at a time whether a particular tv/laptop/dryer etc is in stock. It would be way better if they labelled items as in stock, if they are.

Might as well just buy from Amazon, Apple etc.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

Lol.

Curry's a great shop unless you actually want to buy something. Almost none of it is in stock. But you have to wait for someone to be available in order to ask them one item at a time whether a particular tv/laptop/dryer etc is in stock. It would be way better if they labelled items as in stock, if they are.

Might as well just buy from Amazon, Apple etc.

they usually say they can order it from their online shop  which you might as well do yourself

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

No because they were all talking and laughing and joking with each other. It was a clear message that they weren’t interested in serving me as talking to each other was obviously much more important. I can buy an iPad elsewhere I don’t need to interrupt a load of gassing teenagers in an empty shop to do it. 

Obviously they aren't on any sort of commission.   

13 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Obviously they aren't on any sort of commission.   

They're employed, with minimal interest in the job, with minimal training, on minimum wage because somebody thinks that it helps the company boost its profits and bottom line in the short term which makes that person look good. If they could be put on ZHC (if they aren't already) that would help too.

The person who stipulates and thinks this is probably on £250k+ a year.

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

Reading the Amazon delivery thread you can see there is a clear advantage for any local retailers if they want to supply people quicker than Amazon (especially with the post strikes) but on todays experience I have to question whether any of them even want any business. Went into the Apple Shop at Victory House this afternoon as I wanted to buy a new IPad Pro. The shop was empty save for three staff members gassing at the till. I was in there over 5 minutes in a completely empty shop looking to spend £1000 yet not one of them could be arsed stopping gassing and talking nonsense with each other to even attempt to ask if I wanted help with anything. So £1000 sale lost when we’re told the high street is suffering and everyone is desperate for cash. Completely embarrassing. If you really aren’t interested in trade just close up shop. 

Had you washed  and brushed your teeth before you went there?

17 hours ago, Asthehills said:

No way on earth did this happen in Jackson’s.  They are the opposite.  Trying to just browse in there without being accosted by a salesperson is impossible.  You would do well to get past reception 

Actually it’s once you’ve bought the car that they then ignore you for good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, wrighty said:

No, they phone and hassle you to come in for a service, even though you don’t need one (according to manufacturer’s schedule)

and then they will probably 'find' something else that needs doing before they can let the car on the road again, full ashtrays or something , i had similar experiences with eurocars back in the day.

Edited by WTF
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Driver2020 said:

I traded a car in a while ago they put over £4,000 on it and sold it. And as for there aftersales absolute shite.

Haven't had any issues except the hard sell. Service has been good so far . You do have to negotiate hard and threaten to walk away and then they will come back with a better offer.

Have had 2 new  cars over the  last few years and  have been able to match ( or within around £500) of the best offer from a UK dealer . 

Their trade in prices are rubbish and you are better off with a private sale .