Weather warnings and common sense

Asthehills

2 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

You should know.

Feel free to admit you are wrong anytime

The image is literally you asking why I'm making a joke out of it in my reply to thommo. The aforementioned follow up question. My reply is my response to that question about my reply to thommo.

Have you had a recent head injury?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I think Nobles Hospital will be very grateful if the elderly take note of these warnings and stay in they can do without a flurry of broken limbs or hips.  I was out last night and there was an innocuous looking pavement which was sheet black ice it is very deceiving.   The young can pick themselves up and carry on most of the time but not when you are old with the brittle bones that accompany old age.

Wrist fractures I'll give you, but most hip fractures happen in the home, and we rarely see an increase in icy weather.  Most people frail enough to fracture a hip don't go out much, certainly not onto ice. They're more likely to break them in hot spells when they're dehydrated.

• Like 2

Just now, Asthehills said:

Are you drunk?

20A08845-94C0-4E04-ADAE-6DB66ED1C87F.jpeg

C19B546F-B71A-40BE-A7EA-E7BC54EA2344.jpeg

Christ alive. I made fun of thommo for trotting out tired old boomer nonsense, you asked why I was making a joke of it, I explained why, and you think that was me calling you a boomer. Not everything is about you, sweetheart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Christ alive. I made fun of thommo for trotting out tired old boomer nonsense, you asked why I was making a joke of it, I explained why, and you think that was me calling you a boomer. Not everything is about you, sweetheart.

Did you just pay for the 5 minute argument or the full half hour? 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

You might want to work on your quoting skills if that’s the case.