Weather warnings and common sense

Asthehills

10 hours ago, cissolt said:

Are the elderly using everbridge though? Another white elephant gov project, an foi showed it has 36 users at one point 

Not quite, but an FoI from June 2021 (ref : 1825365) produced some interesting figures:

1) The total amount of people who have signed up to use Everbridge is 5460. The Department is unable to provide a year by year total as requested;

2) The Department is unable to compile this data;

3) In total, 2 test messages have been sent over the last 3 financial years. NOTE – the system has only been running since May 2020;

4) In respect of this part of the request, the Department seeks clarification to narrow down the information requested;

5) The initial costs totalled to £ 36,092.97. This included £ 2,406.89 for One-time Implementation and Setup Fees, £ 3,600.00 for Professional Services and £30,086.08 for Year One Fee. An internal project manager was used and the costs of this were not captured. The actual annual costs for the service equals to £ 30,086.08.

6) The Department does not categorise messages as such, but internal guidance states that Everbridge is to be used when there is a risk to life or property or when an urgent public safety message needs to be conveyed. This included information relating to Covid-19. The Department also sends notifications relating to AMBER and RED weather warnings.

(I've not put up the questions as you work them out from the answers - where they have been answered).

12 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Seeing lots of pictures on Facebook across, particularly London, caked in beautiful snow.

Where the fuck is ours? 😡

On the same plane that today's newspapers were.  Third world country. (Apart from the disease, mortality, hunger,  exploitation, limited education, of course.)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Harry Lamb said:

The worst thing about snow and ice is that it flushes out all the sad wankers who post that nobody knows how to drive in the conditions, walk on icy pavements etc, just to demonstrate their supposed superiority in driving, being a human being and so on ...

Brilliant!

never mind there will be a load of more nutters driving too fast and out with the conditions  in the morning ,  someone has to keep the body shops going , but  I have never seen so many lunatic drivers  on the roads recently  ,   too much speed braking hard no wonder they loose it on the slippery surface ,

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Environmentally friendly joke. Saves me doing some Active Travel™️ in this weather.

I think I was referring to Helix recycling YOUR line actually, but he seems to be particularly argumentative tonight...

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=53.86;-4.88;6&l=rain-3h&t=20221212/09

Some of the roads were well icy yesterday, even main ones later in the morning but DOI seemed to work their way around the island and by lunch time it seemed better. I don't quite understand why the mountain is closed, though. There's not a lot of snow and the line I heard was "it's simply too cold". Salt works down to -20 or thereabouts? Surely it wasn't that cold? 

35FE0CFD-AFA3-49A6-825E-E23CD94C7668.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=53.86;-4.88;6&l=rain-3h&t=20221212/09

Some of the roads were well icy yesterday, even main ones later in the morning but DOI seemed to work their way around the island and by lunch time it seemed better. I don't quite understand why the mountain is closed, though. There's not a lot of snow and the line I heard was "it's simply too cold". Salt works down to -20 or thereabouts? Surely it wasn't that cold? 

The salt the DOI have works to -4.  Below that it’s useless.