CS keeps expanding

CallMeCurious

Heard CM announce plan to replace Chief Secretary role with Chief Executive Officer (IOM) and another position and 'demoting' existing CEO's to CO's in the New Year (subject to Tynwald) and a new committe run by himself to oversee 'performance'.

Seriously doubt the new CO's will have a reduction in salary so more expense, so I wonder where the money for this is coming from? Much like creation of Manx Care, there'll be new headed paper, web pages and signage rolled out and very little done to address CS bloat.       

Govt has been supposed to be looking into headcount since Edge raised concerns about untrammelled, unapproved growth of it in Tynwald 14 months ago. And Moorhouse did, before that.

• Thanks 1

I think you would get a shock if you knew how many people were employed by central and local government , then add in all the consultants ,  then all the vehicles ,mobile phones , i pads  etc , the cost of running this island has spiralled out of control  , and I haven't even mentioned the gold plated pensions , 

we are  heading for the rocks unless someone is prepared to do something about it , ! and quick 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 12

Just now, Omobono said:

I think you would get a shock if you knew how many people were employed by central and local government , then add in all the consultants ,  then all the vehicles ,mobile phones , i pads  etc , the cost of running this island has spiralled out of control  , and I haven't even mentioned the gold plated pensions , 

we are  heading for the rocks unless someone is prepared to do something about it , ! and quick 

I’m prepared to be shocked.

How many specifically?

The islands "economy"  Ponzi scheme relies on the UK government giving us far more VAT kickback than were are actually due

As soon as the new Labour gov get proper sight of this we are screwed, and I mean Royally screwed, no holes barred.

It will hurt unless you take some drugs.........................

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

The islands "economy"  Ponzi scheme relies on the UK government giving us far more VAT kickback than were are actually due

As soon as the new Labour gov get proper sight of this we are screwed, and I mean Royally screwed, no holes barred.

It will hurt unless you take some drugs.........................

I see what you did there.

• Haha 1

The island is hamstrung by petty bureaucracy , probably no surprise with the amount of people feeding from it !

Much of it does nothing except hold people back, and most of it does not trouble the big fish when stuff goes wrong.

We spend our lives looking for mice whilst the buffaloes go charging past .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6