CS keeps expanding

CallMeCurious

13 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Oh yes it is ………………. we are in pantomime season (except CM Cannans administration is a 24/7 365 pantomime),

Guess it depends how close his proximity to the Min for P&R is as to whether it's expanding. And the C S too. Oh! Mother... 

28 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

The man has no clue, or idea's. Apart from what the ever shrinking CS (thats what he is being told and swallowing)is spoon feeding him, and he is turning out to be an exceedingly dim and malable CM. Remember when we could not wait for Quayle to be gone, should of been careful what we wished for.

It will be the same when Cannan departs at the next election. 

Possibly JPW could make a half decent attempt at it, but there are very, very few viable candidates for next CM. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, John Wright said:

No idea. I no longer have to skim every post. You post so much, and lots of it contradictory.

Just for fun. A league table of posters. I see frequent posters as a good thing BTW

You haven't given me an example of where I have contradicted myself yet though, shouldn't be hard for you to find given there is so much of it😁

image.png.f1c65ce9652b846e515042de3ca17c3d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Both Greenhow and Ewart were specifically said to be retiring.  Greenhow would have been in the civil service long enough to have retirement at 60 grandfathered in and a couple of years pay in lieu would certainly have got him to that point.  And of course he would have known where all the bodies are buried - he put most of them there himself.

That said, I suspect Watterson's question was about something else entirely - the July start date makes it look as he wanted to exclude the Ranson fallout from any totals.  But redundancies used to be very rare in the Civil Service, even when people's jobs vanished they used to be kept on until they could be slotted into the next suitable (or indeed unsuitable) vacancy.  So even four may mean there is a story there.

Re. Spuan's question, you may be right.  Who knows what goes on in a head like his?

What is said in press releases may not be the actual truth!  A settlement agreement when someone is being given the boot must involve rapid but detailed negotiations.  Using a word like retirement or phrase like 'leaving to pursue other opportunities' is simply window dressing.  Senior employees never simply announce on the day that they leave that they are retiring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Just for fun. A league table of posters. I see frequent posters as a good thing BTW

You haven't given me an example of where I have contradicted myself yet though, shouldn't be hard for you to find given there is so much of it😁

image.png.f1c65ce9652b846e515042de3ca17c3d.png

I must be slipping.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

It will be the same when Cannan departs at the next election. 

Possibly JPW could make a half decent attempt at it, but there are very, very few viable candidates for next CM. 

Who knows what could happen? After all, there is a general election in 2026, and who knows which loony tunes decide to stand. We have some new elected idiots, so there are bound to be new ones. 

2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

The man has no clue, or idea's. Apart from what the ever shrinking CS (thats what he is being told and swallowing)is spoon feeding him, and he is turning out to be an exceedingly dim and malable CM. Remember when we could not wait for Quayle to be gone, should of been careful what we wished for.

A snippet from Alastair Ramsey's column in iomtoday. Alf needs to read this before accepting and publicly regurgitating any more bullshit from his self-serving CS mandarins.

Screenshot_20221228-121710_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I do think trimming down the CS is a major solution to our economic problems.

All those unfilled vacancies waiting for boring civil servants to fill.

unfortunately most civil servants don't have a suitable work mentality as they have never needed one to stay employed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

I do think trimming down the CS is a major solution to our economic problems.

Its pay bill went up from £83.6 million to £121.5 million, with a net increase of £23.5 million
allowing for changes in accounting methods. 

They can have as many staff as they want but surely that £23.5 million in pay needs justifying. Tynwald question for Juan perhaps.? Or anyone one else? Probably not. 

• Thanks 1