CS keeps expanding

CallMeCurious

On 12/28/2022 at 11:03 AM, Happier diner said:

Just for fun. A league table of posters. I see frequent posters as a good thing BTW

You haven't given me an example of where I have contradicted myself yet though, shouldn't be hard for you to find given there is so much of it😁

Just for more fun. If Ramseyboi was still here. He would be top of the league still

image.png.74eee743a8ee1b31f70fdcd9e788c4ed.png

5 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

So sorry to be repetitive, NO golden handshakes/parachutes. If found to have been grossly negligent/criminal forfeit of all pension rights.   

Disagree, we are then on the hook for any tribunal awards (e.g. £2m+ for Ranson)

There is a reasonable middle ground of paying out / booting worst for gross negligence.

If it's a 10:1 ratio of payouts vs tribunal exposure it doesn't take many tribunal losses to come out worse.

Or just institute firing at will over here.

10 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

So sorry to be repetitive, NO golden handshakes/parachutes. If found to have been grossly negligent/criminal forfeit of all pension rights.   

You can’t take anyone’s pension off them other than through a court order for something like fraud whereby the claimant is trying to recover funds that have been misappropriated 

43 minutes ago, Wake Up Call said:

Some CS culling soon following Ranson outcomes? Perjury, deception, falsifying, fraud, forgery etc.

Should be going to jail. 

Surely you aren't suggestion that members of the CS would commit such crimes?

I can think of one or two other ongoing matters where it is IMPOSSIBLE to believe that any Government official could do such a thing.

11 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Surely you aren't suggestion that members of the CS would commit such crimes?

I can think of one or two other ongoing matters where it is IMPOSSIBLE to believe that any Government official could do such a thing.

'F*cked' is the legal jargon for some of the miscreants apparently. 

3 hours ago, Banker said:

You can’t take anyone’s pension off them other than through a court order for something like fraud whereby the claimant is trying to recover funds that have been misappropriated 

That’s not true of public servants. There are circumstances where the misconduct is so “gross” that, even tho there is no debt owing to the former employer, the employer can issue a forfeiture certificate in respect of the employers contributions.

No court involved, in many cases. For instance the police require the consent of the Home Secretary.

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

That’s not true of public servants. There are circumstances where the misconduct is so “gross” that, even tho there is no debt owing to the former employer, the employer can issue a forfeiture certificate in respect of the employers contributions.

No court involved, in many cases. For instance the police require the consent of the Home Secretary.

Have you ever known it happen in UK or IOM as I haven’t? I’ve known of court orders for banks & other financial institutions when someone has stolen funds 

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

Have you ever known it happen in UK or IOM as I haven’t? I’ve known of court orders for banks & other financial institutions when someone has stolen funds 

Yes. I know of one officer here who refused to resign and take a health based early retirement and ended up being disciplined and losing some pension rights.

As I post it’s got to be “gross” misconduct. So, things like treason, or bringing the police ( or other public service ) into serious dispute likely to affect public confidence.

As it’s administrative under the regs it isn’t public. I suspect Sarah Everard's killer might qualify.

You're looking at something different, not under employment law.

Ive read the posts from people on here about introducing mis/mal feasance in public office to hold CS responsible when things go wrong. It doesn’t work like that. Making a wrong decision, even one that costs, isn’t mis/malfeasance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wake Up Call said:

Some CS culling soon following Ranson outcomes? Perjury, deception, falsifying, fraud, forgery etc.

They've all gone now surely. No-one left in DHSC.

Ranson will cost a lot more than considered above. 

Edited by Apple

38 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Yes. I know of one officer here who refused to resign and take a health based early retirement and ended up being disciplined and losing some pension rights.

As I post it’s got to be “gross” misconduct. So, things like treason, or bringing the police ( or other public service ) into serious dispute likely to affect public confidence.

Dug this out JW, its buried in the PSPA Scheme Regulations and essentially confirms what you said;

image.thumb.png.fa06533ac25e63f56e755ab239653fa4.png