CS keeps expanding

CallMeCurious

9 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Precious few questions answered on that twitter post too....maybe pickings on the IoM corpse must be getting meagre...

A name that has been involved with the upper levels of IoMG for some time; but nobody seems to know where he came from and exactly what his qualifications were to be so?

Would love to know of the actual achievements for 4 years service? A good salary, pension contributions and no doubt relocation expenses when he moved over to the island. It’s not a great length of service, even for this role, unless he is climbing up the never ending IOMG greasy pole into another role? 

9 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Actually reading that press release it does look like there's an extra post as well:

With the intention for a Chief Executive Officer (Isle of Man Government) to have capacity to pro-actively lead and support chief officers in government departments, the changes will see recruitment for a Chief Operating Officer for the Cabinet Office. They will support the delivery of government programmes and cross-departmental initiatives and head up central operational functions such as the Office of Human Resources, Government

So the Chief Secretary is to be renamed as CEO (IOMG)[1] but there's also a new post as head of the Cabinet Office, no doubt to be called COO(CO) and pronounced either Cuckoo or COCO the Clown.

[1]  It wouldn't surprise me that there were all sorts of legal implications here, which have been ignored as when New Labour announced they were going to abolish the Lord Chancellor and then realised they had 800 years worth of laws to rewrite.  The UK still has a Lord Chancellor.

Indeed, but on P5 of the CoMin response, there is a recommendation to appoint a "Second Chief of Staff role is to manage and coordinate the work of the COG"  This is in addition to the CEO and COO roles mentioned on the previous pages. CoMin have rejected this FTB. The proposed job really looks to be a glorified minute taker and secretary. 

So, it seems that Beaman's wanted to split the old Chief Secretary's job into three new ones.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Would love to know of the actual achievements for 4 years service? A good salary, pension contributions and no doubt relocation expenses when he moved over to the island. It’s not a great length of service, even for this role, unless he is climbing up the never ending IOMG greasy pole into another role? 

Well according to his recently altered Linkedin Boxer is "Getting ready for the next challenge", which is middle-class for unemployed.  So clearly nothing in the local civil service, though he was a UK diplomat/civil servant before he came here, so he might have something lined up there - though I suspect he would be at least hinting if he did.  I reckon he's only 51-ish, so I doubt he's retiring.

Presumably he lost out in the Cabinet Office power struggles following the departure of Greenhow and it may be that even the role is being altered and the CEO (IOMG) is doing more with external relations matters (ie arranging even more trips for Alf).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well according to his recently altered Linkedin Boxer is "Getting ready for the next challenge", which is middle-class for unemployed.  So clearly nothing in the local civil service, though he was a UK diplomat/civil servant before he came here, so he might have something lined up there - though I suspect he would be at least hinting if he did.  I reckon he's only 51-ish, so I doubt he's retiring.

Presumably he lost out in the Cabinet Office power struggles following the departure of Greenhow and it may be that even the role is being altered and the CEO (IOMG) is doing more with external relations matters (ie arranging even more trips for Alf).

Here is his bulletin:
"So after a little under four years, the sun is setting on my time in the Isle of Man Government. It has been a rollercoaster ride. Brexit negotiations, COVID and Ukraine dominated. But there was so much more. We did stuff and made a difference. It was a great job.

It was the members of the #team (past and present) that made it really special. Thanks to every one of you. Thanks for sharing your views and wisdom. Thanks for challenging me. You are awesome.

If anyone out there is thinking of working in the Isle of Man, do it. It is one of the most beautiful places to live and work.

More on my next adventures soon. Watch this space."