CS keeps expanding

CallMeCurious

42 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Here is his bulletin:
"So after a little under four years, the sun is setting on my time in the Isle of Man Government. It has been a rollercoaster ride. Brexit negotiations, COVID and Ukraine dominated. But there was so much more. We did stuff and made a difference. It was a great job.

It was the members of the #team (past and present) that made it really special. Thanks to every one of you. Thanks for sharing your views and wisdom. Thanks for challenging me. You are awesome.

If anyone out there is thinking of working in the Isle of Man, do it. It is one of the most beautiful places to live and work.

More on my next adventures soon. Watch this space."

I did think of posting that, but I thought people might be eating their lunch.

2 minutes ago, BriT said:

He has announced he’s leaving on Twitter this weekend. 

Oh I know, someone posted it earlier.  But yesterday he hadn't altered his Linkedin with the 'challenge' stuff (and taking away the pretty IOM photo in the header).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Digital and Finance have had CEOs for 4yra now. Not sure if Business has one, but I really don't see why Visit needs one or what the point of DFE having a CEO with all these sub-CEOs is.

Wasn't this part of the restructuring when Dept of Economic Development became DfE (under Skelly)?

Each sub-Dept of DfE was given its own CEO, and presumably deputies of some sort.

Empire building on a huge scale and what do we have to show for it, economy-wise?

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I did think of posting that, but I thought people might be eating their lunch.

Oh I know, someone posted it earlier.  But yesterday he hadn't altered his Linkedin with the 'challenge' stuff (and taking away the pretty IOM photo in the header).

Must have been a quick ‘decision’ then 😂

41 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Wasn't this part of the restructuring when Dept of Economic Development became DfE (under Skelly)?

Each sub-Dept of DfE was given its own CEO, and presumably deputies of some sort.

Empire building on a huge scale and what do we have to show for it, economy-wise?

There’s no argument that they’ve helped drive new jobs creation in the island.

The bad news is that it’s all been within the departments and agencies, particularly Digital.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

Jesus Christ just to head up the visit IOM bit?

In this unique opportunity, you will also drive the ambitious Visitor 2032 Strategy and its specific objectives to be delivered by 2032:

•          500K visitors per year with an average spend of £620 totalling £310M

•          £520M economic contribution with £49M exchequer benefit

•          5,000 visitor economy jobs

•          Growth in Visitor accommodation

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Apple said:

In this unique opportunity, you will also drive the ambitious Visitor 2032 Strategy and its specific objectives to be delivered by 2032:

Hang on there is something pink flying past my window !

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Apple said:

They fail to mention that it cost £1M in salaries and time to pull these figures out of their collective arses.

Edited by Non-Believer
typo
  • Like 7

Yet more nonsensical bullshit from CM Cannan in the NPM where one appearance on the NPM can seemingly provide a weeks worth of news. 

As well new CEO instead of Chief Secretary, a new Chief Opersting Officer (for the Cabinet Office), CEOs of each department are being scrapped and being replaced by a board. How much is this going to cost taxpayers? Let’s face it, IOMG aren’t known for its frugality and being careful with taxpayers resources. How will this instil a new cultural change? Culture within a department is something which needs through work, not just getting rid of a few roles within the civil service, and reappointing new. If they were appointing experienced people from the UK with Local Authority and Civil Service type experience then maybe they would have the skills, empathy, and mandate to shake things up. Sadly things will be the same if the same type of Manxie IOMG civil servant is given promotion. Back to square one, with lip service paid to whistle blowing, and reluctance to do anything. Don’t rock the boat,

16 hours ago, Apple said:

Is 500k that big a growth or really unachievable?

Maybe wait and see 2022 figures first (but if they are positive everyone will say they are made up anyway. Despite it being clear it was busier than previous recent years before COVID)

39 minutes ago, 2112 said:

As well new CEO instead of Chief Secretary, a new Chief Opersting Officer (for the Cabinet Office), CEOs of each department are being scrapped and being replaced by a board.

Replacing CEOs suggests a lack of confidence in the system and/or the individuals currently in post?

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Replacing CEOs suggests a lack of confidence in the system and/or the individuals currently in post?

I beg to differ.  If you have a head called a CEO, you can't have the next layer down also called CEOs.  That is the only reason for the change.

The short clip on MR has Alf blah blah blahing about accountability.  The clanging point that he has missed would be asked by the little boy in the crowd who is watching the king walk by.  "Accountability for what?", he cries.  Oh bugger, we didn't think about that...

What performance indicators will the chief officers be accountable for?

I should add that Jersey tried all of this a good few years ago and it wasn't a big success.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

I beg to differ.  If you have a head called a CEO, you can't have the next layer down also called CEOs.  That is the only reason for the change.

But surely you already have that situation in DfE where you have a separate CEO for each sub-Dept within DfE?

Who are the new "Boards" going to be comprised of too...? 🤔