Merry Christmas

Amadeus

4 hours ago, Amadeus said:

3 out of 12 is not "most". That's an F in maths for you, I'm afraid. 

Anyway, this is the Christmas thread. Relax and listen to some Bach. Been a while since I was able to play the Toccata, and certainly never to the level of Brigitte Fruth. It may not be the biggest church organ in the world anymore, but I assure you experiencing it live is a religious experience even if you're not religious. It's the musical equivalent of the TT. You feel it through every fibre of your body when you witness it. I just wish I would have been able to witness it with my dad, who introduced me to the wonderful world of classical music. Just imagine that Bach wrote this over 300 years ago, with every single note dotted down by hand with ink on paper. Not my video btw. 

Thank you Amadeus, l have just been awoken by my chocolate labrador who l forgot to let out last night for a pee. Made a cup of tea and listened to the beautiful Bach it took me back to memories of my dear father who sadly passed away 5 years ago.

Christmas day was a day for reflection for me with the sad loss of my precious husband 7 months ago, l'm very blessed to have amazingly wonderful grandchildren, they are the future. 

l wish everyone on Manx forum peace and happiness, but remember, the most ordinary things in the life are the most precious.

Merry Christmas everyone and a happy new year 2023 Lilly 

Edited by Lilly
Spelling mistake
  • Like 19

5 hours ago, Lilly said:

Thank you Amadeus, l have just been awoken by my chocolate labrador who l forgot to let out last night for a pee. Made a cup of tea and listened to the beautiful Bach it took me back to memories of my dear father who sadly passed away 5 years ago.

Christmas day was a day for reflection for me with the sad loss of my precious husband 7 months ago, l'm very blessed to have amazingly wonderful grandchildren, they are the future. 

l wish everyone on Manx forum peace and happiness, but remember, the most ordinary things in the life are the most precious.

Merry Christmas everyone and a happy new year 2023 Lilly 

What a beautiful and meaningful post Lilly. Wishing you a happy and rewarding rest of the holidays and while there will be sad moments , you have your grandkids to brighten up your days.

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you Lilly x

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

What a beautiful and meaningful post Lilly. Wishing you a happy and rewarding rest of the holidays and while there will be sad moments , you have your grandkids to brighten up your days.

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you Lilly x

Thank you Numbnuts and everyone on Manx forum for your kindness.

• Like 5