Public Toilets

hissingsid

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It's the Manx way Blade Runner. We even argue over a public toilet like it's the Alamo. No one cares about the big stuff and the millions wasted. That's why they get away with it.

Good to hear from you though. Which part of the world are you living now ?

Gods own county in the UK

16 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Why is CT bothered that it ended up in "The Media"

That  says a  lot on its own, no matter how childish the row.

CT seems to be going through some sort of existential personal crisis currently where he hasn’t seemed to grasp that he can’t trust what he’s being told by officers who are happy to basically lie to his face just to either cover their backs or try to make him look stupid. Harmer made the same mistake at the start too. Crookall worked it out quickly and even started making jokes about it in Keys (I have been told the answer to this is …) They’re corrupt liars and as a Minister you simply can’t believe anything that comes out of their mouths or anything they put in writing. I think all that shows is that CT is being told a story by his officers that is the exact opposite of what Castletown Commissioners have experienced. 

Edited by Steady Eddie
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Why is CT bothered that it ended up in "The Media"

That  says a  lot on its own, no matter how childish the row.

I think he's referring to the fact that the current chair of Castletown Commissioners- having ousted the previous chair over some similar childish bollocks- is a weapons grade nobhead who loves the sound of his own voice and could start a fight in an empty room.

I'm sure he'll be in Tynwald soon.

Edited by Ringy Rose

17 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Back for Christmas/ New Year and this sticks out as a Prime Example of why I left

Its a fucking toilet, I can't imagine, in fact I know, it would cost less than £15- 20k to refurbish the porcelain and a few tiles.

Yet despite this easy option we have the DOI dick waving at the Castletown Commissionaires who are waving back a smaller member - I will let you fill in CTown MHKs names here yourselves.....

What a CHILDISH argument, grow up you Manxies, it is pathetic seeing this type of stuff but makes me thank my choice of leaving this pathetic excuse for a country and taking my family with me. 

Happy New Year 🙂 

Has it got disabled facilities, especially a toilet with a hoist? I’m sure other politicos  will demand this ……………. I’m being sarcastic folks.

The public toilets at the back of Michell Haywood's Dive Shop in PSM were sold on. Whether by the commissioners or DOI I haven't the faintest idea and care even less. They have been converted into a small dwelling that was going to be called "Wee Cottage" (too scottish!) but ended up as "White Cottage". Those at the bottom of the breakwater have been incorporated into the shellfish processing place. Which only leaves those opposite the Albert still as designed.

They put some "site" toilets on the prom for summer but amazingly one was vandalised. Which is a worrying sign.

The thinking seems to be "get rid to save money" but strangely the rates didn't fall. Funny that. Maybe the "Manxonia" farrago still needs to be paid for.

Every UK authority seems to collect "compostable" (food) waste on a weekly basis. Now if they thought they could get away with fortnightly they would have done it. So I'm wondering if DBC haven't thought this through...