IOM Energy AKA Manx Gas

Major Rushen

Daphne needs that money to spend on Laxey Woollen |Mills clothes!!! 

Does she feel that she should wear Loaghtan wool stuff because she's a Laxey MHK?  They don't seem well cut nor sit well on her frame!!! Why do it???

I'm not knocking Daphne, she seems to be well informed and following her 'Heritage' stance but wearing Manx Tartan with three metre wide lapels? Really? Or a rough cut Loaghton jacket that lacks tailoring? Why?

|Same as all seem to have their portrait taken with a Three Legs lapel badge and in front of the English Monarch? Why lower yourself to this level???

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Kopek said:

I'm not knocking Daphne, she seems to be well informed and following her 'Heritage' stance but wearing Manx Tartan with three metre wide lapels? Really?

Yes, really! Obviously the three metre wide lapels double as wings. Green Active Travel with no wear and tear or congestion on the roads. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Manx Resident said:

Rather than fix existing billing problems it seems that the problems may be expanding. My billing has been fine up till now but a bill due at the start of February has not shown up, neighbours haven’t received their expected bills.

So much for the noise from the OFT…….

I’d like to see what they’re cash flow situation is. I know a few people now who have paid nothing since around September as they still can’t actually produce a bill despite being chased several times. If that’s happening across the board in large numbers the company will be totally screwed at some stage. 

35 minutes ago, Manx Resident said:

Rather than fix existing billing problems it seems that the problems may be expanding. My billing has been fine up till now but a bill due at the start of February has not shown up, neighbours haven’t received their expected bills.

So much for the noise from the OFT…….

Don't think you're alone in that. Have seen many people say the same thing. 

Can everyone tell them they are moving and give them a final reading?

Tell then if it's not billed in the next 7 days it's not going to get paid because we are all off to work as a missionary in the Pacific for 10 years teaching sea skills in leaky boats.  (A prize could be awarded by the local media for the most inventive reason every week).

Then, ring them up as a new customer - with the same name as before (oddly enough - or just swap it to another member of the family, or the dog or something ..) and give them a 1st reading a day later.

Instant reset for IOME and the customer.

Keep doing this every time a bill is due until they go bust, closed down. get bought out or get it all sorted. (in order of probably eventualities). 

• Haha 1

I heard from a usually impeccable source that IOM Energy have told their Marketing team they're all at risk of redundancy. 

As jobs go that must be quite the poison chalice at the best of times, but if true it's hardly the department that springs first to mind if they're looking to let some incompetent people go.

27 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

I heard from a usually impeccable source that IOM Energy have told their Marketing team they're all at risk of redundancy. 

As jobs go that must be quite the poison chalice at the best of times, but if true it's hardly the department that springs first to mind if they're looking to let some incompetent people go.

Marketing as the only gas supplier does not a lot. Opposition is oil and electric.