IOM Energy AKA Manx Gas

Major Rushen

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Thanks Barry.

Just the 495,000,000 in debt then?  How is this sustainable? Surely just servicing the debt will be astronomically expensive 

Screenshot_2023-07-22-12-21-20-77_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

And on top of that they want us to pay for windmills to produce cheap electricity to sell to us at a huge markup!

Edited by finlo

Perhaps the billing and communication is improving. I got a large estimated  bill by e-Mail in January. Questioned and asked for physical reading, by e-Mail, ignored. Paper bill in early March, same thing, worryingly it was higher than January but we had been away most of January February March. No bill in May. I chased early July and they sent round a meter reader and I’ve just had my July bill by e-Mail and it’s a bill from an actual reading, and I’m in credit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Perhaps the billing and communication is improving. I got a large estimated  bill by e-Mail in January. Questioned and asked for physical reading, by e-Mail, ignored. Paper bill in early March, same thing, worryingly it was higher than January but we had been away most of January February March. No bill in May. I chased early July and they sent round a meter reader and I’ve just had my July bill by e-Mail and it’s a bill from an actual reading, and I’m in credit.

I've had exactly the same experience with both electricity and gas bills.

Lets hope this is the start of an upward trend.

1 hour ago, Manxman1234 said:

How on earth have they ended up in that position 

Rank incompetence and a culture of profligacy.

No sign of it ending either as part of that culture is that they have a captive  monopoly market and a Govt that just wrings its hands and nods "necessary" rises through unquestioning of the above.

• Thanks 1

This has been a fiasco, no doubt, and no argument that ideally something should be done.

However, heads on spikes isn't an available option, government taking over would possibly be unwise and you'd have to prove in court that the bills were issued with fraudulent intent. They weren't, and there's little at the moment that allows anyone to accuse MG of anything other than the inept implementation of new software, and I don't suppose they're the first business to do that.

I think the whole debacle has been a disaster. I believe they're finally getting it right. But fighting talk and defamatory comments won't achieve anything.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I think the whole debacle has been a disaster. I believe they're finally getting it right. But fighting talk and defamatory comments won't achieve anything.

With respect Stu, that's what we're expecting to hear.

Lord knows how much spent on an inquiry (which doubtless kept loads of Govt bods busy in employment) to produce a result that says Govt has no powers to do anything but it'll all be ok one day (we hope).

Hands wrung and washed and everybody lives happily ever after.

At least until they get their next gas bills.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

This has been a fiasco, no doubt, and no argument that ideally something should be done.

However, heads on spikes isn't an available option, government taking over would possibly be unwise and you'd have to prove in court that the bills were issued with fraudulent intent. They weren't, and there's little at the moment that allows anyone to accuse MG of anything other than the inept implementation of new software, and I don't suppose they're the first business to do that.

Ohh come on Stu. It’s been more than a disaster and with their turnover and responsibility how have they got it so wrong and secondly taking them so long to put it right. It’s getting on for 18 months now and still unbelievable issues with peoples bills. And seemingly Jack shit done by you and your mates in Government to  alleviate or assist with the issues. It’s a total disgrace and am not convinced that with all the confusion they are not benefitting from it all. OFT are as usual useless from day one and have only really acted as a ‘pass on complaints’ service. Once again no powers or mechanism to actually take them to task. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1