IOM Energy AKA Manx Gas

Major Rushen

1 hour ago, Manxman1234 said:

3 people arrested today on manslaughter charges over the explosion in jsy. 

doesnt mention who they are though 

could be a major health and safety issue for the company , I hope they have a decent public liability insurance ,  the payouts could be eye watering ,  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Manxman1234 said:

3 people arrested today on manslaughter charges over the explosion in jsy. 
doesnt mention who they are though 

According to ITV:

The three men - who have not been identified as charges are yet to be brought - were arrested between Wednesday 16 and Thursday 17 August 2023.

They were interviewed by officers and released on bail as the investigation continues.

Officers say the families of the 10 residents killed have been informed, as have those residents relocated to temporary accommodation elsewhere as a result of the blast.

Jersey Police has urged islanders not to speculate on the identities of the men charged, as the case remains a live investigation.

The fact they've informed so many people suggests we should hear more soon.  It's going to look odd if everything then goes quiet.

(The piece also suggests that ITV can't get their heads round the difference between 'arrested' and 'charged').

11 hours ago, Omobono said:

could be a major health and safety issue for the company , I hope they have a decent public liability insurance ,  the payouts could be eye watering ,  

They will just add it to our bill, that was the advantage when they had the guaranteed profit % 

no accountability for what they spent as ultimately they passed cost to customers 

There have been a couple of tragic incidents of gas explosions across quite recently, in one a child was killed, it turned out that the people next door had been doing a bit of DIY and this is what caused the dreadful explosion.   It was very sad.

12 hours ago, Omobono said:

That is on the assumption that the three were employees of a (any) company somehow involved in the incident. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

I’ve said before my monthly direct debit isn’t covering my expenditure. I’m putting the shortfall to one side but I’m not rushing to change my direct debit as I reckon IEG will go bust before they notice.

Same here with MUA to be fair. Although I'm not expecting them to go bust... better to have a marginal few pounds more in your current account than MUA and their half a billion of debt.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ADELE said:

Both Gas and Electricity concerns have increased the standing charges and that is the part I really object to, you can be really careful with your usage but they get you on the standing charges to me that is unfair.

The standing charge covers the cost of getting the gas or electricity to your house, and that cost is the same regardless of how much you use.

I’d agree the standing charges are too high though.