IOM Energy AKA Manx Gas

Major Rushen

16 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

’m putting the shortfall to one side

I have a vision of you with little envelopes all stacked neatly in a box with all your sundry payments neatly labelled. Please don't disappoint me by saying it's not true.

• Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...

CURA proposing that Manx Gas be allowed to whack their rates up again. Apparently the debt which the vulture capitalist parasite owners dumped on the business is costing more to service, and CURA think it’s only fair the consumer picks up the tab.

Having had conversations with the CRO of CURA I had a decent enough opinion of him. Turns out that opinion was misplaced.

Still no sign of those wholesale gas cost reductions being passed on to us poor saps either…

14 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

CURA proposing that Manx Gas be allowed to whack their rates up again. Apparently the debt which the vulture capitalist parasite owners dumped on the business is costing more to service, and CURA think it’s only fair the consumer picks up the tab.

Having had conversations with the CRO of CURA I had a decent enough opinion of him. Turns out that opinion was misplaced.

Still no sign of those wholesale gas cost reductions being passed on to us poor saps either…

The charges for gas should be reflecting the cost of it via the market and its supply. Not paying for financial shenanigans engaged by the leeches milking the arrangement; we've had quite enough of that already via MG/IEG and the SPCo. CURA need to grow some balls and lay down the law if this is true.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Surely the cost of maintenance should be adjusted by reducing the allowed profit margin?

What concerns me is that if the proposed increase is allowed what guarantees do we as consumers have that MG will maintain the network to an agreed schedule. That's assuming that there is an agreed schedule with CURA? One would hope so but I can't see any mention of it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

It’s part of agreement so they are allowed to rise price for this, as to wholesale gas prices they have shot up recently and now c£108 per therm up from £60 2 months ago 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

as to wholesale gas prices they have shot up recently and now c£108 per therm up from £60 2 months ago 

I note IEG retail prices didn’t drop when they were £60/therm. How bizarre.

CURA are just rewarding the hedge fund for loading IEG up with debt.

Edited by Ringy Rose

10 hours ago, SuffolkNGoode said:

I have had enough of this.

Whilst searching for who could advise and quote me on converting to oil, I realised I am paying almost exactly double for using gas compared to oil.

However, I didn't immediately find anyone obvious to contact regarding switching.

Any recommendations would be very gratefully received.

Oil boilers are usually quite a bit bigger than gas and I think you need planning permission for an oil tank or it has to be sited away from buildings to comply with the regs

If that is not an issue any of the bigger plumbing companies on the island would do it fine, expect to pay about £4k or thereabouts for a decent combi boiler and oil tank

23 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Oil boilers are usually quite a bit bigger than gas and I think you need planning permission for an oil tank or it has to be sited away from buildings to comply with the regs

If that is not an issue any of the bigger plumbing companies on the island would do it fine, expect to pay about £4k or thereabouts for a decent combi boiler and oil tank

Worth reading the UK legislation for siting outdoor boilers and oil tanks.

7 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Worth reading the UK legislation for siting outdoor boilers and oil tanks.

Thanks Blade Runner and GD4ELI.

So it is quite literally a case of using an approved plumber/gas engineer?

I have a combi boiler in the garage now, so space there for replacement and in laws recently had to have their corroded tank replaced, so know of the siting requirements.

Have a great weekend 🙂