IOM Energy AKA Manx Gas

Major Rushen

16 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Maybe it was one of these situations….Who remembers the debacle that was the prom. All breaking every code and practice . But hey ho it’s only the IOM . Where you can . 

IMG_0164.jpeg

Plenty of room for road surface sinkage there after a few years of traffic running over it... 

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Maybe it was one of these situations….Who remembers the debacle that was the prom. All breaking every code and practice . But hey ho it’s only the IOM . Where you can . 

IMG_0164.jpeg

I remember seeing this at the time, horrendous practices. God help anybody who accidentally puts the back-actor bucket of a JCB into that lot.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I remember seeing this at the time, horrendous practices. God help anybody who accidentally puts the back-actor bucket of a JCB into that lot.

And just what did they use for in-fill that wont sag and create possible distortion. How many buses, trucks, cars and millions of cyclist's will apply pressure and vibration on all that? Madness... 

Edited by quilp
  • Like 1

Yes and completely misplaced. I'm always amused by those dial before you dig adverts - I think there is a single number for all the utilities isn't there?

You should never guess what's buried in the ground, dial before you dig and let us come and guess for you (and take no responsibility when we're inevitably wrong).

Part of the reason for the prom taking so long and costing so much was that they didn't know what or where utilities were buried under it. I wouldn't mind betting if they decided to do the job again tomorrow they'd have no more idea than they did then.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Yes and completely misplaced. I'm always amused by those dial before you dig adverts - I think there is a single number for all the utilities isn't there?

You should never guess what's buried in the ground, dial before you dig and let us come and guess for you (and take no responsibility when we're inevitably wrong).

Part of the reason for the prom taking so long and costing so much was that they didn't know what or where utilities were buried under it. I wouldn't mind betting if they decided to do the job again tomorrow they'd have no more idea than they did then.

I was very careful and prudent when used to do ground work and always dialed before I dug. However even then they would get it wrong. One case on excavating a driveway and footings water came around and sprayed marker spray where they insisted the water supply was. Right in the middle of the drive. So in came the digger with back hoe and first dig straight through the water mains in an area nowhere near the driveway. What a mess as they then couldn’t find the stop valve in the street. Turned out it had been tarmacked over . Happens often despite efforts to prevent. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, MG/IEG have reportedly issued 90+ letters to customers who have fallen behind with their dues to MG, threatening to cut their gas off at as little as 7 days notice, it would appear.

A few MHKs (including Glover) have spoken up for the customers, raising the issue in Tynwald but the OFT says its hands are tied although Wannenburgh expresses his sympathies too.

Going on some of the FB postings, some of those threatened do actually have repayment plans already in place and ongoing but MG appear ruthless...