IOM Energy AKA Manx Gas

Major Rushen

10 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’d rather a quiet life. The girl,I was exchanging e-mails with didn’t understand that the basis a regular SO should work was that by the time I got the next bill I should have paid off the last, with leeway for higher bills in winter and lower in summer, but averaging out over the years. She insisted I should be in credit at all times. I tried to explain MG didn’t have a banking licence.

Fair enough.  Love the banking comment, the issue is deposit taking, is it not? 

38 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’d rather a quiet life. The girl,I was exchanging e-mails with didn’t understand that the basis a regular SO should work was that by the time I got the next bill I should have paid off the last, with leeway for higher bills in winter and lower in summer, but averaging out over the years. She insisted I should be in credit at all times. I tried to explain MG didn’t have a banking licence.

I get you on the quiet life thing, companies like MG really don't give a flying fuck so it's not really worth your time or effort getting upset with them.

What I would do in your situation is make things as awkward for them as possible, leave your SO cancelled. Let them bill you for use and pay them on the last day you possibly can. If your bill is based on an estimated reading, leave it a couple of weeks and then phone up with an actual reading and ask for a revised bill.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

What I would do in your situation is make things as awkward for them as possible, leave your SO cancelled. Let them bill you for use and pay them on the last day you possibly can. If your bill is based on an estimated reading, leave it a couple of weeks and then phone up with an actual reading and ask for a revised bill.

I really can’t be arsed. Want a simple life where I don’t have to do that. I’ll restart the SO, but ensure I’m always in arrears.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

once they realise they have threatened a lawyer with a public voice and  the money and knowledge o to go to court they will back down and blame a computer.

Non believer that didn’t work for a friend of mine got a massive bill so went down, obviously when there was still counter service, showed them them the receipts they had paid at the P.O.  they then tried to blame the P.O. In the end it was sorted out after many visits and totally sorted when they insisted the gas being taken out of their house as a matter of urgency they are now very happy with oil.   The man that came around to cut the gas off said he was mad busy so many people were having their gas disconnected.   The meter reader who did the final reading before disconnection told the same story.    There is only one way this farce will end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are laws across the water that ban utility companies from cutting off gas supply when there are vulnerable people involved such as pensioners, children etc in the winter months.    This was stated in an article in IOM Today reporting on Moorhouses questions in Tynwald .   Apparently more cut offs planned for next week.   Manx Gas say they are willing to talk so why have they closed their counter and apparently phoning is a painful process.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fred the shred said:

There are laws across the water that ban utility companies from cutting off gas supply when there are vulnerable people involved such as pensioners, children etc in the winter months.    This was stated in an article in IOM Today reporting on Moorhouses questions in Tynwald .   Apparently more cut offs planned for next week.   Manx Gas say they are willing to talk so why have they closed their counter and apparently phoning is a painful process.

Which begs the question when Island Energy announced they were closing the reception and customer access to their office, unless by prior appointment, what did IOMG know? Are there any minimum service level agreements that Island Energy have to adhere to as part of their permission to operate on the island? Perhaps IOMG should be addressing questions of standards, and if Island Energy aren’t prepared to play ball, then perhaps they should be ‘run out of town’. Granted it’s going to cost IOMG, but something needs doing. 

2 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Because they don’t give a shit about their customers or the island. 

6 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Because they don’t give a shit about their customers or the island. 

The same as IOMG and politicos don’t give a shit.

The CEO of Island Energy has been on the NPM (MR) defending her organisation, and how wonderful they are, they support all these charities etc. IOMG dick wave as to all the help they give to people financially struggling. It seems they do everything except address the main issue which is Island Energy and its behaviour, which IOMG has encouraged and allowed to happen. 

9 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

I don’t think Cannan is scared of Manx Gas, I think he’s on their dime. No other explanation for his behaviour over the years.

I strongly suspect that the whole Govt is on their dime and it's all tied into the MEA/MUA debt/finances.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I strongly suspect that the whole Govt is on their dime and it's all tied into the MEA/MUA debt/finances.

That shouldn’t be an excuse for IOMG to allow Island Energy to run riot, which it seems to be doing, whilst both the regulator, the politicos and others remain silent. 

The silence from those woke working class warriors that pretend to support the working class, Joney Faragher MHK and Sarah Maltby MHK has been deafening. 

• Like 3